[Pro] I have a question about another menu attempt

I’m trying a workaround to the problem I reported last night, but I’m seeing a different problem. Maybe this one is easy to solve. I’ve moved the CSS Menu into the header-container and changed the text boxes in the menu alignment to Center. Everything looks good with that – when I view the menus, they fly out to the side and display on top of the other header items and hide them. The problem is when I have a long menu item that is longer than the header. The menu stretches into the body container, which contains an HTML textbox. The problem is that the background of the menu is translucent in the body section, and the body interferes with reading the menu. I’ve sent the body to the back, but it hasn’t made a difference. Also, I notice that I can’t select any of the menu items that cover the body container. As soon as my mouse leaves the header-container area, the menu items disappear. Any ideas on this one or the last one?

Chuck

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I’ve discovered a little more.

The last statement I made about the mouse leaving the header-container was incorrect. More precisely, when my mouse is scrolling down the list of subitems, as soon as it passes over the HTML textbox that’s in the body, that’s when the submenu disappears.

I thought that sending the HTML textbox to the back would resolve the problem, but I don’t see any change in behavior. The text in the textbox is not obscured by the submenu.

What settings am I overlooking to place the menu correctly?
Chuck

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

This question has been resolved.

I removed the CSS menu from the header and placed it directly into the page wrapper.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Not sure if this helps with part of your issues, but i have a css menu that is a child to the header and everything else is behind that. When you look at the page elements in the left column the top item in the page is actually on the bottom of the page hierarchy. You can reposition by dragging the elements if they are unlocked in the inspector. Selecting in the left hand column gives access to lower layer items also. Hope that helped a little at least.
Frank

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 27, 2018, at 4:53 PM, chuckbo email@hidden wrote:

I removed the CSS menu from the header and placed it directly into the page wrapper.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I wager you searched the archives at Freeway Talk, but missed this: A short time back Paul Dunning posted a link to his You Tube account where he had uploaded a number of vids. Perhaps you will find something helpful.

Frank Harshbarger
email@hidden

On Jul 27, 2018, at 4:53 PM, chuckbo email@hidden wrote:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You’re right – I didn’t see that link.

I’ve been trying to access the FreewayCasts and the training videos, but they’re all unavailable currently. I’ll go visit the link you sent and see what all I can learn from there. Thanks a lot!

chuck

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 28 Jul 2018, at 03:43, chuckbo email@hidden wrote:

I’ve been trying to access the FreewayCasts and the training videos, but they’re all unavailable currently

The links on the Softpress web site are broken, but they’re available on YouTube:

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks, Jeremy!
I sure appreciate the Freeway community and all of its help.
Chuck

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden