[Pro] Issues with counter

Hi Walter,

A while ago in this thread (Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk) you helped me out.

Now I’m building the improved version of this website and applied all the same settings, but now the results will not add up anymore. I tried and checked so many times now, it’s time to ask for some help. Please see the page below where the magic should happen.

I use the Protaculous 2 action, but when I look and the Safari Inspector, I see the following error: Uncaught TypeError: element.dispatchEvent is not a function

Can this be the reason it’s not working and if yes, is there something we can do to fix this?

http://www.dtp2.nl/test/gratis-online-dyslexie-test.php

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

This smells more like an issue of clashing titans - libraries which don’t like each other, namely jQuery and Prototype.

Try to remove jQuery in a first step and see what happens.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for responding. I do not use any jQuery on my page that I know of, but after your reply, I checked my Source and see the new WebYep does use jQuery :frowning:

Is there a way around this besides stop using the new WebYep?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I don’t know - honestly, cause I haven’t touched WY for years.

And I’m even unsure if this IS the reason.

The problem is, that “jQuery” requires a no conflict to run smoother (99%) with other libraries. But I don’t really know how this works (I know it - but it’s a lot of fiddling for me with trying and testing).

To make sure if this is the issue, I’d recommend to do this counting thing on an empty (free WY) page - just for testing purposes. This would enable to track the issue better, cause if it works on a clean space, it’s not a matter of prototype.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

With the previous version of WY I did not have this issue as the original website is working properly with both.

I now have the latest version of WY with another editor and apparently this is causing the Protaculous library to stop working as I checked with a page without WY code applied to it. Thanks Thomas for pointing me in the right direction.

Walter, is there another way to add up the radio boxes?

Max, is there something that can be done about the conflict with the libraries in the latest version?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

It sometimes helps to actually move the references to the libraries around, load one first, or perhaps the other one. I’ve encountered issues with conflicting libs before, but often managed to solve this just by moving the references. Trial and error …

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi all,

Thanks all ! I’ve also received info from Max that you can change what library to load in the WY config file. You can change it to mootools, jquery, scriptaculous or none.

Works like a charm!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi everyone just a quick expansion on this:
in version 1 of webyep you were able to choose between scriptaculous, and JQuery and you could also choose not to have the actual library included url by webyep and this was done via the config file.

in the new version 2 I have expanded on that by adding mootools plus the jquery and the mootools libraries/plugins have had no conflict and safe mode added… this is to try and make the complete webyep systems as adaptable as possible.

kindest regards max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden