[Pro] Javascript for Search Field, Safari problems

Walter, because I have Freeway’s “Form Setup” dialog filled out appropriately, I do not need any JavaScript to get the form to submit at all. The user need only type a keyword (for example, “alarm”) and then hit RETURN. That will submit the keyword “alarm” to Google and then the search results page will appear. That works fine. No edits required.

The problem is that when the user clicks the Back button or hits CMD-[ to go back to the search field page, the keyword they typed is stuck in that field. To me, that looks unsightly. I want that keyword removed and the search field to be restore to its pristine, untouched condition. That is the aim here.

I am able to accomplish my aim with the code I’ve linked for everyone to see, in my opening post. The problem is that Safari chokes on it for reasons unknown to me. Other browsers don’t choke on it, except for Chrome on Windows XP, but I don’t really care about XP – even so I mention it only because I tested it and found it chokes (even though FireFox does not). FireFox is happy with my code on any platform. And newer versions of IE on newer versions of Windows are happy too. Again, it is Safari that is the problem. But why? That is what I wish to know.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James W.

dynamo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: