[Pro] Large responsive sites

Walter and Grant, thank you both so much for taking time on this.

Thoughts in order …

W1. It is obviously the proxies that are giving trouble here. Are they accessible (to me?!)

W2. I notice my image reduction control is on 75%. My images are of the order of 1 MB. Perhaps reducing the control to 50% might help?

W3. I understand about splitting the document, and can do that if necessary.

G1. Most of my images are around 1 MB. I have included some larger ZOOM images so that viewers can examine (cathedral) window details, for example.

G2. I don’t understand ‘artefacts’. For some images I replace a cloudy sky with a clear sky …

G3. I have no idea about the 30 MB image!! Which one is it?

My basic problem is that I have been producing FW cathedral sites for years without (much!) problem. Many of these have been produced with Exhibio. These latest sites have been produced directly, constructed with BackDraft. Same sized images. Now suddenly I am getting these enormous FW files. Is the new format handling the files differently?

I’m still suspicious of those very large ‘Original Photo Files’. In the case of Ripon even though this folder has been deleted, perhaps the contents are still stored in the ‘proxies’?

The large Ripon site is OK - and uploaded. I started a site for Wells Cathedral which is even larger and has become impossible. I plan to try another cathedral, and will dispense with any large original files before I start, and see if that makes a difference.

I am still open to any helpful insights! With thanks again,

Paul

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: