[Pro] Mac OS

Freeway 7 should run under any version of macOS from 10.6.8 onwards (including 10.13).

There’s a free update from 7.1.3 to 7.1.4, which we recommend using. You can get this by clicking on the “Download Freeway 7 here” link on the Freeway page:

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Is there any chance that Freeway 7 will be able to use bundle software such as CHROMA and EXHIBEO 2 on my recently restored to Mac os Lion 10.7. I ask only that Freeway 7 does but the other two packages (bundles) are for Yosemite 10.10 which (for me) is a struggle to upgrade that far ahead. Suggestions welcome - or earlier versions of Chroma/Exhibio (unsupported) would also be most welcome.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Philip,

I’m afraid Chroma and Exhibeo 2 won’t run on macOS versions that are older than 10.10.

There isn’t an earlier version of Chroma, but there was an earlier version of Exhibeo (Exhibeo 1), whose system requirements are “10.7.5 (Lion) and above”. We aren’t currently selling Exhibeo 1 on our web site, but I think it is still possible to purchase a copy.

When you say “bundle software” do you mean that you have purchased Chroma and Exhibeo as part of a Freeway bundle, or that you were thinking of purchasing them?

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I have purchased the (FreeWay bundle) yesterday for installation on my Lion 10.7 laptop. I kind of hope that part of it was downgradable or at least an earlier version of one or other of the two. It’s not super critical and I can live without the latest versions. Thanks anyway.

For the most part I am still on an even older (registered) version of Freeway 3.5, so even an upgrade to (resistered) Freeway 7 is a big step in updating several of my old websites. Galleries have often been a fudged workaround for me.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Philip,

Can you email me via support at softpress dot com?

I can send you a voucher for a free copy of Exhibeo 1.

Jeremy

On 16 Jul 2018, at 23:10, Philip email@hidden wrote:

I have purchased the (FreeWay bundle) yesterday for installation on my Lion 10.7 laptop. I kind of hope that part of it was downgradable or at least an earlier version of one or other of the two. It’s not super critical and I can live without the latest versions. Thanks anyway.

For the most part I am still on an even older (registered) version of Freeway 3.5, so even an upgrade to (resistered) Freeway 7 is a big step in updating several of my old websites. Galleries have often been a fudged workaround for me.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

My version of 7.1.4 runs on High Sierra

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I just bought a new iMac with OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra). And at Jeremy’s recommendation, I upgraded to Freeway Pro 7.1.4.

So far so good. I’ve added pages, including images. All is working well. The only small thing I noticed is that the text within the Freeway app is a little bit fuzzy. But Jeremy explained that Fwy is not yet optimized for the retina displays.

In sum, I’m quite pleased with 7.1.4 on High Sierra. No glitches so far.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hello,

I have a question……is there a phone # to tech support for freeway ???

Have a macOS high Sierra 10.13.6

On Jul 22, 2018, at 12:55 AM, Jim Feeney email@hidden wrote:

I just bought a new iMac with OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra). And at Jeremy’s recommendation, I upgraded to Freeway Pro 7.1.4.

So far so good. I’ve added pages, including images. All is working well. The only small thing I noticed is that the text within the Freeway app is a little bit fuzzy. But Jeremy explained that Fwy is not yet optimized for the retina displays.

In sum, I’m quite pleased with 7.1.4 on High Sierra. No glitches so far.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Gary, I’m not aware of one. Right now Freeway is a fairly small operation. This forum is where most posters go for tech “support.”

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Jim,

My wife first used it in 2006 when she put together our websites ….she died in 2007. I cant figure out if I can install that version in my Mac book pro
10.13.6. or not. So With out a tech support number it becomes a real burden when you need an answer quickly………

Its 2018 and its still a small operation? No tech number to call Thats not good.

I may just go with godaddy let them redo it… from then I can upload to site direct from my Mac.

On Jul 23, 2018, at 1:50 AM, Jim Feeney email@hidden wrote:

Gary, I’m not aware of one. Right now Freeway is a fairly small operation. This forum is where most posters go for tech “support.”

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Jeremy… Ive noticed that some of my clients Exhibeo galleries are corrupted on some sites. Ive re imported them and now they work… could you tell me what happened and what the solution is?

I have too many galleries to redo all this work

thx

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Carla,

On 19 Sep 2018, at 14:45, Carla email@hidden wrote:

Jeremy… Ive noticed that some of my clients Exhibeo galleries are corrupted on some sites. Ive re imported them and now they work… could you tell me what happened and what the solution is?

What do you mean by corrupted, and when you say “some sites” do you mean that the online sites have become corrupted, or that the Freeway documents have become corrupted?

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Jeremy… on a few sites the exhibeo galleries were corrupted which means the thumbs were huge and not on a grid as designed. I should have taken a snap of it… once I reimported they were fine. But Im sure they were like this for some time and client did not look or alert me…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Carla,

I’m not sure what could have caused this to happen. I think you’re saying the thumbnail images became wrongly sized in the Freeway document, and were therefore uploaded at the wrong size.

Could it have happened during an upgrade from Freeway 6 to 7?

Are the galleries made with Exhibeo 1 or 2?

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Jeremy Exhibeo 2
no the images were correct when the site was made… this were older sites and it could be that it happened during upgrade but they were made in FW7… but all is fine now… I was just concerned it would continue happening as I do not make it a practice to look at the sites all the time… thx

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden