[Pro] MacOS Mojave obliterates the Caxton Action!

I suspect the leadings “/“ is the problem. If you are going File>Preview, then that is probably breaking things. You’ll need to use a web sever, with the site at the root (the leading “/” means “start at the root directory”). File>Preview does not invoke a web server instance, it’s just a straight forward file preview. It’s possible that Safari is looking for the font files in a folder called “Fonts” somewhere at the top of your Hard Drive’s file structure. Your screen shots seem to confirm this.

Other browsers may be more forgiving of this problem, but Safari is actually doing it properly.

Take the first “/” out and see if that makes a difference.

For the sake of record, the Caxton Action drops in the tags with the references to the CSS file for the font, and manages the supporting files. However, you do need to be aware of such things in the CSS file as Caxton does not attempt to fix anything like this. You’ll need to crack open a text editor yourself.

One day, Caxton may be a bit more self supporting (when an Action can get file references based on the location of the CSS file, not the location of the current HTML page from Freeway), but right now, you need to be able to be sure that file references are correct, just like you need to in this instance.

My suggestion: Download and use MAMP, publish in there, and use your Browser to navigate to the site using http:// rather than using File>Preview. This is a habit I got into years ago, and I you get a much better idea of how the site will work, and little crinks like this should just vanish.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: