[Pro] MacOS Mojave obliterates the Caxton Action!

Paul, thank you for the tips.

I first booted into Mojave. Then using Text Wrangler, I manually deleted the “/” that appears before every instance of “/fonts” in my *.css files contained in my Site Folder, such that the code now looks like this:

/* font-face NOTE! use relative URLs ONLY!!! */

@font-face {
 font-family: 'Display Black';
 src: url('fonts/Display%20Black.eot');
 src: local('☺'), 
   url('fonts/Display%20Black.woff') format('woff'), 
   url('fonts/Display%20Black.ttf') format('truetype'), 
   url('fonts/Display%20Black.otf') format('opentype'), 
   url('fonts/Display%20Black.svg#DisplayBlack-JP') format('svg');
   font-weight:normal !important;
   font-style: normal;

I then double-clicked the index.html file in that same Site Folder, which opened the site in Safari (accomplishing the same thing as a Freeway in-browser Preview). Same problem. All my custom fonts appear as generic fonts. And now the Safari Console error list looks like this:

https://cl.ly/19256ee708c1/Image%202018-12-21%20at%209.39.58%20AM.png

Again, this problem does NOT occur in High Sierra, or Sierra or earlier MacOS versions, even when I use that “/” before “fonts” in my CSS files.

Safari 12 + Mojave adds some kind of anti-fingerprinting privacy features, and I wonder if that is messing around with my web fonts. But if it is, why then would it affect only local viewing (such as when I use Freeway’s Preview) and not affect my web fonts when I view my website normally (accessing from the web server)?

I have my fonts hosted on my web server within the root directory (root of <public_html>), inside a folder named “fonts.” So there is no “fonts” folder inside my Site Folder that Freeway creates locally on my iMac. But that’s never been a problem before when running High Sierra and earlier version of MacOS, and its still not problem when I use FireFox and Chrome under Mojave. It’s only Safari under Mojave that gives me generic fonts when I Preview from Freeway.

When I load Chrome or Firefox under Mojave, with or without that “/”, I can see my web fonts just fine. The browser is obviously accessing the fonts locally from my iMac in this case, because like I said, there is no “fonts” folder within my Site Folder on my iMac. So Safari under Mojave isn’t accessing my local fonts like FF and Chrome are.

I’m surprised that I’m the lone soul reporting this. Surely others among us have updated to Mojave and have done a Preview from Freeway using a site that has web fonts. I would expect others doing the same thing I am to see the same problem.

Any further ideas about a workaround to this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James W.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: