[Pro] master-page for an amateur?

Hi all the experts & the rest of us,

As an amateur with an artistic strain i’m building our site* and later on when the site will be up & running, I know I’ll detect some minor details which i want to change. F ex this can be the menu-stripe, or some other item elsewhere on the page.

My impression is - and please correct me - that FRW is not able to help me in this respect. Because of the inline box-model there is no complete control over those inline items, therefore every change made on the Master, DOES NOT transmit itself to the CHILD-pages. They have to be updated manually, and if you have 20, 30 … pages …

Maybe I should abandon the inline box-model structure. But will my layers then expand correctly, and will the Footer be pushed downwards as it should be? (Footer-action?!)

Now i’m stuck here with this principle question, and i was expecting to complete the site by next week: 20110105.

So I’m quite confused.
Hopefully someone has the positive incentive to write a line or two in this respect, after or in between skying? - it’s very cold anyways in Northern Europe! ( - 10 degr. C )

bw, Omar K N

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

If you update to Freeway 5.5, you get the quite magical RPL Action,
and that allows you to draw a page however you like (more or less) and
then have a relative page layout (hence the acronym) constructed from
the absolute layout that Freeway builds natively. It’s quite a feat of
engineering, and would let you preserve the good stuff you like about
Master Pages while maintaining a layout that most browsers will have
difficulty stuffing up.

Walter

On Dec 30, 2010, at 4:32 PM, OmarKN wrote:

Maybe I should abandon the inline box-model structure. But will my
layers then expand correctly, and will the Footer be pushed
downwards as it should be? (Footer-action?!)

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options