[Pro] mp4 and Explorer

Hello,

Our system doesn’t seem too friendly to Explorer. I’m sure I’m not the first here but the search box has the usual answer of ‘No recent searches’.

Drop-down menus won’t stay displayed and get hidden by YouTube videos.

It seems straight forward to add mp4 videos, along with the alternatives of Ogg, WebM and Flash but they won’t work in Explorer.

Does anyone know how to get these things working?

Duncan

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

What version of IE are you testing with, and what page are you looking at? IE >=9 is actually quite good, standards-wise, and Freeway has always (well, since version 2 or so) stuck to the standards when writing code.

As far as plug-in content like YouTube videos go, these are usually delivered in Flash when requested by a Windows computer, unless you deliberately say otherwise, or are using a really modern IE like 11. Flash is not actually standard browser content, and the usual rules of stacking order and rendering do not apply. Generally speaking, the only thing that can overlap Flash is more Flash. This leads to an arms race or a redesign (moving the video outside of the drop-down area).

Walter

On Jul 22, 2015, at 5:49 AM, Duncan Wherrett email@hidden wrote:

Hello,

Our system doesn’t seem too friendly to Explorer. I’m sure I’m not the first here but the search box has the usual answer of ‘No recent searches’.

Drop-down menus won’t stay displayed and get hidden by YouTube videos.

It seems straight forward to add mp4 videos, along with the alternatives of Ogg, WebM and Flash but they won’t work in Explorer.

Does anyone know how to get these things working?

Duncan

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hello Walter,

Thank you for your reply. I understand all the Flash business, because I changed the stacking order and it made no difference. I’ll try moving the videos down a bit.

I test the site on the library PCs, which use IE 10.
The page is:
http://www.christianwharton.com/news/news.html
which fine elsewhere.

Duncan

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden