[Pro] New templates and Wrappers not adjusting

I have always had this problem - must be an easy solution.

I have created a new master template in my site. But, the problem is, when I take an existing page that I want to basically duplicate but use the new master, I have to create a whole new page using the new template, and then extract elements - such as the body wrapper and its contents, out of the previous page, and paste into the new page based on the new template. However, what happens is for instance, the footer does not float below the body wrapper now, as it should, but sort of floats around the middle of the page…what can I do about this?

http://www.thecoupleretreat.com/homehoneymoon.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hard to tell from your online page - can you provide the FW doc for that page (archived)

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

How can I upload that?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

FTP, Dropbox - any number of methods.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ok. Heres the file: Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life
Look at the third one down: you will see, the footer covers the bodywrapper. I cannot work out why, or what to do about it. The problem originates with the fact (as far as I understand) that if I want something linked to a new template, I basically have to β€˜start over’ a page using the new template, then pasting the material into new page. If I do that pasting, this is what happens. I am sure there is a simple reason, but I cant figure out why the footer is floating up like this.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Look at the third one down

Can you be more specific - the third what?

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

And as a future note - when passing on a FW file like this it is essential that you File > Save Archive (and zip the archived folder).

What the Save Archive process does is to gather all the original media used in the project and bundle it together with the FW document and present it in a neat package so that whoever receives the project gets it complete and doesn’t have to Edit > Resources before they can preview it.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sorry, the third page: titled : The Honeymoon Retreat

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Look at your page - The Honeymoon Retreat and select (from the Side Panel list the item Body3

If you look in the Inspector you will see that this is an Absolutely positioned item - which is NOT what you want. Pic 1 below

Select Body3 and Cut it to the pasteboard.

Now select BodyWrapper1 and use the Enter key to get a cursor within BodyWrapper1 - then Paste.

What this will do is make Body3 an inline child of BodyWrapper1 and you should be GTG. Pic2 below

If you ensure that all child items on your Master(s) are inline children and not Absolutely positioned you should be fine from now on.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden