[Pro] Newby... Cuisine Template, Help please.

Test site…
Trying to make life simple and use the template as is, but add some graphics… and modify the rest of the colors and text appropriately.

I am at a complete loss as to the use of wrappers etc.
Really just want to add what is affectively a header graphic mod.

Can’t figure out how to add the graphics to the header wrapper (if necessary). just want the body to push down to allow for the additional graphics … and than have the footer drop down to the appropriate location as well.
Currently graphics are covering some items and the CSS menu is not dropping down for the footer.

Thanks in advance.

www.jay-farber.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Jay,

Your best bet is to composite the colored bands and the mic images up not a single one, or just use the mic image on its own, and then add it as a background image to the BodyWrapper1 item. To select this, click the word Site at the top of the Site panel on the left to reveal the items in the page and select the item from the list. Remember to do this on the Master page if you want the same image to be used throughout the site.

How you add the menu depends on where you want it to appear. As it’s called “LowerMenu” I’m guessing you want it under the body item. To add it, select it and cut it from the page (Command-X). Now select the BodyWrapper1 item again and press Command-D (or Item>Duplicate). A duplicate item will appear below the original. Delete the HeroText item and select the item inside the duplicate (probably called Body3). Press return to bring up the text insertion point and paste the menu item. It should already have a width of 100%, but if it doesn’t, give it one.

It looks like that grey gradient image may have been intended as the background of the menu. If so, select the wrapper item BodyWrapper3 and add it as a background image to that using the Inspector palette. The reason you’re adding it to the wrapper is because the wrapper stretches the full width of the page.

That should be it!
Joe

On 26 Jun 2015, at 04:04, jay email@hidden wrote:

Test site…
Trying to make life simple and use the template as is, but add some graphics… and modify the rest of the colors and text appropriately.

I am at a complete loss as to the use of wrappers etc.
Really just want to add what is affectively a header graphic mod.

Can’t figure out how to add the graphics to the header wrapper (if necessary). just want the body to push down to allow for the additional graphics … and than have the footer drop down to the appropriate location as well.
Currently graphics are covering some items and the CSS menu is not dropping down for the footer.

Thanks in advance.

www.jay-farber.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Joe ! will try tonight

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

So, I tried rebuilding the graphic and adding as per Joe’s instructions.
First attempt in the body wrapper 1 did not work… I’m thinking corruption or buggy. Freeway seems to be seriously buggy!

I than tried in the Page wrapper… did better but obviously wrong.

At which point I blew up the current site… Which I will happily put back up for insight as to what I did to cause the kaboom.

But, I tried to simplify for testing. Started from scratch… and just added the background and the Rebuilt graphic… added it the Masterpage Body wrapper 1… this time it placed ok, But
It only shows on the Menu Page.

I just don’t get this app… Been ripping my hair out on and off for weeks.
Can you tell me why it only appears on the Menu page , even though I added to the Master, AND have Set to use master content and settings checked on each page?

Thanks In Advance.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

So far it looks Like the The master Sheet info is not Populating
to the secondary sheets.
Having to manually go item by item.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If you wish to make an archive version of your site available I am sure that one of us would be happy to have a look at it for you.

File>Save Archive then a Dialog box will open asking you to choose a destination for your archive.

Pick somewhere on your Mac and then click the Save Archive button - bottom right.

Then you will be asked to give your archived folder a name ie ‘mywebarchive’

Now (in the Finder) visit the ‘mywebarchive’ folder and Right Click it and choose the option - Compress ‘mywebarchive’

This will result in a mywebarchive.zip file which will contain your FW doc and all the Media used in its construction.

Make a list of concerns/issues that you have and let someone know where they can download the mywebarchive.zip file from.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

HI Dave and thanks!

questions:
Home page:
How to…
Get the Audio Link and the other 2 links on the same horizontal line for the initial width?
Is there anyway to keep the Menu from sliding into the square as the width shrinks before it changes to 768?
What did I do and how to correct the Logo Box with the Name in it from changing to a different background etc. on all 4 pages, as it goes to the to smaller widths?
the pop down menu on the smaller widths is Hinky, is it supposed loose everything but the buttons?
I have not checked yet but I assuming my background color and text colors are the same.
How do you use one set of text (in the Body, Voiceover services) for the wider views and make it smaller for the other widths… either different and smaller or auto change size?

On the Client page I can’t get the text to change position when the width changes even though I set it in each of the widths (Bug I think).

Link to archive file…
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gq4kt9wd4urcsfd/AAAFzxv-SFsRZWngeTTM79Fsa?dl=0

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

What format are those files?

I cant open them. Did you compress/zip them?

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

File>Save Archive then a Dialog box will open asking you to choose a destination for your archive.

Pick somewhere on your Mac and then click the Save Archive button - bottom right.

Then you will be asked to give your archived folder a name ie ‘mywebarchive’

Now (in the Finder) visit the ‘mywebarchive’ folder and Right Click it and choose the option - Compress ‘mywebarchive’

This will result in a mywebarchive.zip file which will contain your FW doc and all the Media used in its construction.

These instructions are to be followed from within the FW app.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sorry Really Hot here 106 … Brain not in gear.
So those where Safari individual page saves.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nht7oatatyfxr1/Chance.zip?dl=0

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

My first question for you is

Are you trying to achieve a responsive layout?

If you are then you will need to rethink your construction method.

On that initial page an obvious problem area is trying to keep a heading “Voiceover Services” within the fixed height bounds of its background image. At narrower screen sizes the text breaks over 2 lines and spills out of its container.

The Chance Holloway ‘logo’ is a layered item - if you put it inline with the Mic container/bg you could better control its size and positioning. Is it set to deliberately disappear at 768px? I would have thought it should always be visible?

The Audio and Other links not lining up is always going to be tricky when you are using different formats (for your links)

The Menu sliding into the Logo will be sorted if you put the logo inline.

How do you use one set of text (in the Body, Voiceover services) for the wider views and make it smaller for the other widths… either different and smaller or auto change size?

As FW currently stands you will have to add a Media Query to do this but this feature has been promised in FW7.1 - which I think is probably not very far away.

The Quotes on your Client page do not behave responsively because they are not inline to Body2 (relative positioning) instead they are absolutely positioned children.

If everything is inline then items naturally move/interact with others.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks again,
I’m obviously over my head… “Voice over” I was trying to Find out if there is a better way to apply it. Like creating a different set of text for the smaller widths?

the Logo Item… No not supposed to disappear that is what I could not figure out . it does not show up or appear for me at the smaller widths and I can’t figure out what I did to screw it up.

When you say “in line” I’m not understanding it specific to this process… actually thought it was. I thought I copy and pasted directly into the templates “Logo” component.
Will try to understand your explanation of Children etc… this eve. Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden