[Pro] PHP, cURL and Cookies

As mentioned in my previous posts here, I see “JSESSIONID” appearing in Safari’s Console, Cookies section, when I view that MacUSA Login page directly (outside my PHP script). JSESSIONID corresponds to the J2EE (Java 2 platform Enterprise Edition, 1999-2003) web app development framework, not PHP. So is special handling required in a PHP script for this?

Not knowing the answer to the above question, I continue to experiment. I gleaned some tips from Stack Overflow and wrote this script:

<?php
    ini_set('display_errors', true);
    error_reporting(E_ALL);

$useragent = $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];
    $strCookie = 'JSESSIONID=' . $_COOKIE['JSESSIONID'] . '; path=/';
    session_write_close(); // end current session and store session data

$curl = curl_init();
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, true);
    curl_setopt ($curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://hartford.macusa.net/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=Install_Info.fp7&-startsession");
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_USERAGENT,'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML) Ubuntu Chromium/32.0.1700.107 Chrome/32.0.1700.107 Safari/537.36');
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
    //curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HEADER, true); //displays the header info
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_COOKIESESSION, true);
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, 'fmi-cookie');
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, 'fmi-cookie');
    $result = curl_exec ($curl);

curl_close ($curl);
    print $result; 
?>

And to ensure the cookie handling works, I placed the above script inside a folder named “php” on my web server and gave that folder 777 permissions. Even so, the above script results in the following browser error:

Notice: Undefined index: JSESSIONID in /home/jdwages/domains/kiramek.com/public_html/php/test.php on line 6 

The offending “line 6” is this:

$strCookie = 'JSESSIONID=' . $_COOKIE['JSESSIONID'] . '; path=/';

Thoughts?

dynamo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: