[Pro] Pro 5.5 crashing. Can't save.

I spent yesterday trying to update my site only to have it crash on a) save and b) clicking on the Back to Top link at the bottom of my pages!
I got a lot of help from Support and given these instructions:

"These crashes sound like either your preferences are damaged, or maybe an internal cache in Freeway. Let’s do a few basic maintenance steps and see if this clears up the crashes. I can’t read the log myself, but if we need one later I can pass it to the developers who can (it’s all greek to me!).

First, reset the preference files. Close Freeway and open a new Finder window, navigate to your home folder, Library/Preferences/ and remove the following files, emptying your trash afterward.

com.softpress.FreewayPro.plist

Freeway 5.5 Pro Preferences

Now when you relaunch Freeway, the application will create a new Preference file. Then, go to Edit > Resources and click Resample All. Finally, when that’s done, go to File > Document Setup and select a new Site Folder. "

Then:
"My apologies, I missed the step to tell you to open your Freeway file to do the resources and site folder bits.

So, you will open your site and go to Edit > Resources. If you select an item you see Edit, but you don’t need to worry about what’s selected; Resample All is a different button and will do them all automatically. The button is the second button on the bottom left of the Edit Resources window; this is under the list of resources. It won’t be highlighted the same way the Edit button is, but you can still click it. You won’t see a progress bar of any kind, but you will know it’s done when the Done button becomes active again."

I’m still awaiting another response from Support because my problem is that I’ve had the Edit Resources window open since last night and all that is happening is the Edit button is active and pulsing but the Done button has not become active yet.

Anyone know how this works, what’s happening and how long must I wait for the ‘Done’ button to become active as per my instructions?

Thanks, Carolyn

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Did you ever manage to resolve this at all?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Not yet. No time for a few days to implement further instructions from Support:

First I was asked to make sure I had these four steps…
Done numbers 1, 2 & 3. Must check that I’ve done 4 in the right document…and I selected a new site folder days ago that I should check that.

1: Reset the Freeway preference files.
2: Repaired your Disk Permissions, rebooting the computer after that is complete.
3: Checked your system for any corrupt or duplicate fonts using Font Book.
4: Resampled the images (in the same document that you are trying to save).
5: Selected a brand new Site Folder (also in the working document).

I sent a zip file of my site folder and support cannot make it crash! They have the crash report.

When I have time to check the five steps I'll report back here and to Support. Thanks for asking.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden