[Pro] [Pro] Retro’d Template Question

Hi and first of all so glad that Freeway and Softpress are back! Had tried three different softwares in the past six months but am in the middle of a large project so no time for large learning-curves…

Now on-topic: the Retro’d Template works very well, I am quite able to change almost all I want, but the TWO HUGE questions are:

• I am unable to change the sections’s order, ie. I’d like the “projects” section to come second after the “hero” section, and all the others come after. But there is no way to move the pages up and down - I guess this has to do with the smooth scrolling but I can’t figure out what to do

• I am unable to find a way to add new sections (the template original sections are called artwork, photography etc) and then place them where I need them to be.

Would anyone of you guys have the time to help me out with this?
Cheers, Dirk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Replying to myself… a bit frustrating…
Did I use the wrong title for this request or is everybody here just disgusted by me using a template to base my new website on?
Help!!!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Help!!!

The point here is, that most of the helpful people disappeared.

I am unable to change the sections’s order,

You miss the most important skill for doing this:

Inflow-construction (aka Box-Model)!!! This is something figuring out yourself. The discussion about this isn’t new. And there are plenty of topics about it.

disgusted by me using a template to base my new website on?

Certainly not. But most of the users never touched a template. And those ever worked on it are mostly not much of help because they used it as is: changing branding, color, Fonts, text, images and all the stuff - that’s what templates are made for - at least in my understanding.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hello Thomas and thanks for the reply; the inflow construction is new to me (but then I am a director and not a webdesigner) but I am willing to learn it. Could you direct (sorry…) me towards a tutorial or something that gets me going?
Secondly, I bought this template because I thought it might help me understand how to rebuild my website without starting from scratch, giving me answers in a “real-world scenario”. Usually that works pretty well with me, yet in this case it is backfiring… but I am not giving up yet.

Thanks again und vielen Dank,
Dirk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Have a read of this topic:

Especially Chris’ PDF file link might be of interest but as well the story at all is pretty interesting.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden