could anyone advise me on how to change relative paths to absolute? I want to be able to place a page outside of the freeway created folder on the server. If I do this now, all the placed images disappear and all styling is removed. Is changing relative to absolute paths the way around this and would it fix the styling? Many thanks to all.
thanks for your reply. Part of the website I am creating will be membership based. The membership pages will be protected. I’m trying to customise the default login page which came with the DL Guard scripts to better match the look of the rest of the website, however I have to place this custom login page into the DL Guard folder.
The DL Guard folder resides inside of the Freeway created structure which I uploaded from within Freeway. To place the DL Guard folder I used an FTP program. The DL Guard manual warns about the relative paths for placing a custom made login page inside the DL Guard folder.
it was the other way around, I needed to place a code snippet on a page created in FW and that page then needed to reside in the DL Guard folder structure. The DL Guard folder itself (manually installed via FTP) resides at the FW site structure root directory on the server.
I tried the separate FW document first with the single page in it uploaded via FW upload command to the specific place inside DL Guard folder structure. However, nothing was showing up when viewed the structure in an FTP software.
Then I decided I’ll try the second option and in the main FW document that has the whole website in it I created the folder structure to follow the real one on the site already. In that appropriate folder inside the FW document I placed just the one page. I was a bit worried FW might compare files and decides to wipe the factual DL Guard folder system from the site as the FW document had no other files in its own folder that the one single page.
But again, nothing happened. Then a few minutes later a whole buch of stuff appeared in the designated folder on the site. I think both ways worked, it just took the server some time to catch up. So I ended up with a separate css folder, Resources folder, pagebehaviour.htc and a couple of pages. I only edit and change the separate page created by the second option (a folder created to follow the real DL Guard folder structure naming inside the FW site structure) but everything seems to work. That page can probably access the css and resources folder placed on the server by the first option. I might try to remove one by one the extra stuff and see when it starts to break.