[Pro] 'responsive' images freeway 6

Hi, I am pretty new to this and hoping anyway can explain how to make the image shrink (is that considered to be what is ment by 'responsive?) in a browser window for smaller screens.
It seems like this should be easy, but I have spent about 3 days trying to figure it out by myself.
Hopefully somebody outer can help me. Getting desperate…
Thanx in advance!
all best, Leo

http://motheruniverse.world/Jesus%20Perea/beeld1copy.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

It seems like this should be easy, but I have spent about 3 days trying to figure it out by myself.

Upgrade to FW7 - thats a good starting point.

If not then use an html container set as a percentage width of a flexible parent item and set your image as a background image, centred, no-repeat with extended attribute background-size:cover (its an option in 7)

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Leo,

I’m a long way down in the order of merit on this board, but probably a bit like you in trying to do this myself, which I could never have done without the help with from a few of the kind folks here.

However that said … what you have to do is make your pages according to the inline or box model, with everything based on percentages (element widths). If you download the tutorial that was launched alongside FW 7 and follow it to the letter it will all become much more clear. Half an hour is about all it will take you to go through it. Also, you can download Caleb’s Backdraft templates to see how they work.

(Love the painting BTW … :slight_smile: )

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Oops! Didn’t pay attention that you’re on FW 6. It’s worth the upgrade to FW 7 if responsive is your goal.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you both David and Grant for your replies.
I guess I am going to give FW7 a try.

all best,
Luuk

btw. the art is by Jesús Perea

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden