[Pro] Responsive? or users can zoom with 2 fingers!

Hi and good day,

I was trying to turn our old in-box site into a Responsive site when I started to wonder if this is worth it. I mean smartphone users can zoom with 2 fingers just a little and then I think the site is quite readable (tell me if I’m wrong).

Yes I know the Google ranking is worse for non-responsive sites.

But it’s not as easy as shown on the Softpress video, esp. when a site is built with box-model. Mainly the float-Right boxes have to placed under the float-Left boxes, which if above my notch.

Probably better to start from the beginning somehow differently, but then the box-model structure would be lost, which is bad enough.

I would be glad to get some hints/ ideas in this respect.

/
with best regards,
Omar K Neusser
Stockholm, Sweden
(skarholmensmoske.se = we have a mosque and we are against extremism & terrorism, no matter from which side.)

http://www.skarholmensmoske.se/

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

But it’s not as easy as shown on the Softpress video, esp. when a site is built with box-model.

No it isnt that easy but the best results come when you do use an inline (box model) construction.

Working inline ensures that you get a ‘natural’ resizing/repositioning effect.

Start small and build a Master that works then take it from there - you dont have to do it all at once. Do it in a sub folder of your existing doc then you can easily copy and paste.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

… or review my screencasts (and your strategy).

You paid it for successful and quick building of theGrid.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

”… or review my screencasts (and your strategy).”

Yes Thomas, this will be my only strategy, to build the site from scratch.

(Oh this is a daunting task, I had hoped to keep the site for the DEFAULT size and just to rearrange the divs! for the SMARTPHONE size.)

And I’ll follow your excellent tutorials (like ’gridmeister’ etc.) step-by-step.

/
with best regards,

Omar K N

Stockholm, Sweden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden