[Pro] Responsive Video/Audio Player

Hi everyone. I have taken on a new project for a musician. I need to have about 10-12 audio files in a player so people can listen to his music while they browse the rest of his site. There will be some video files as well, but I might handle that via youtube/vimeo.

I will build his site to be responsive, and I know there are tons of options for audio player engines. But I would appreciate your wisdom on some solid options I should be considering. I would like a simple, clean player that would function across several pages. (Perhaps I need to have the player be a separate window?) I’m thinking jquery, but I’m open as long as it works well with the responsive aspects. I will probably start out in backdraft, if that makes a difference.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Doty

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Doty,

HTML5 provides both an Audio element and a Video element. They both use controls that are baked into the browsers, so make some of this easier. They also provide some control for serving more compatible media types. I’ve created an example of their use in a responsive Freeway page here:

http://cssway.thebigerns.com/workbench/html5-audio-video-elements/

I hope you and others find this helpful.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sweet, Ernie! I love how clean it looks.

I would love it if I could stay in FW to do this. Could this be modified to include a playlist for the audio files?

Doty

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden