[Pro] Restore "fwResponsiveMenus.js"

I’ve been redoing my web site in FW7, and have been reasonably successful so far. The Responsive pages option seems to be be working for me, as at least the default and ipad (768) configurations work well on the devices I’ve tried (iPhone, not so much). I did two variations, and deleted the first FW file, but I suspect I deleted a Responsive folder needed for the both variations to work. When I try and add a page in FW and preview, I get the error message:

“The file Macintosh HD: Users:chrisrutkowski: Trash: Rutkowski new website.freeway_:fwResponsiveMenus.js for this resource cannot be found.”

So until I can restore or recreate this file, I can’t do any more to the site. I did download FW again, but that didn’t help. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks!

http://chrisrutkowski.com/index.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Can I just say that before you remove the CSS menu action from your pages, publish once and then reapply that you address the size of your image

blue_moon%201366%20med%20font.png - Dimensions1366 × 937 - File size 4.9 MB

Apart from having spaces in it’s file name it is particularly HUGE at nearly 5Mb - a serious load for any user - never mind the mobile user!

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Dave,

First, is the tactic you suggest to just delete the CSS menu, publish the page without it, and then reinsert the menu? I tried that on the index page, and still got the same error message in spades (“The file Macintosh HD:Users:chrisrutkowski:Trash:Rutkowski new website.freeway_:fwResponsiveMenus.js for this resource cannot be found.” repeated 10 times.

Second, the size of the index page was a conscious decision as I wanted to fill the screen with that image. Do you have another suggestion as to how I can do that? Maybe keep the image at 960 px but make it responsive? That would probably not be good for the quality of the image at on a big browser size. Also, I use smaller images for the iPad and iPhone (a similar image at 480px is c. 750 kb).

Thanks again!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I tried that on the index page, and still got the same error message in spades

Do it on all pages where it occurs.

Asa far as the image goes 960 x whatever does not mean it has to be 5Mb to look OK.

You should be able to get that down to a few hundred K and still look fine.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options