[Pro] ScriptyLightbox3 version 0.4.0 changes

Walter,

It seems you uploaded a new version of ScriptyLightbox3 on Feb 2, 2019 to ActionsForge:

http://actionsforge.com/actions/scriptylightbox3

I couldn’t find any post from you here on FreewayTalk about it. I’d like to know more about the changes you made. The only thing you say on ActionsForge about the changes in this new version is this:

“Removes Flash; Uses Video tag for MPEG video”

I use ScriptyLightbox3 to display still images or the content of another page in Freeway as a small overlay on the existing page. I never use ScriptyLightbox3 to display video, so are the changes you made to version 0.4 exclusive to the display of video?

Thanks,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Yes, that was the whole thing. Someone posted a while back that they had put up a video and could see it in one desktop browser, and no others (and no mobile browsers, either). I hadn’t looked at this Action for years, so I dug in and found that there were still Flash and QuickTime ruling the motion-graphics roost. Can’t have that, in this day and age.

Walter

On Feb 27, 2019, at 2:54 AM, JDW email@hidden wrote:

Walter,

It seems you uploaded a new version of ScriptyLightbox3 on Feb 2, 2019 to ActionsForge:

ScriptyLightbox3 - ActionsForge

I couldn’t find any post from you here on FreewayTalk about it. I’d like to know more about the changes you made. The only thing you say on ActionsForge about the changes in this new version is this:

“Removes Flash; Uses Video tag for MPEG video”

I use ScriptyLightbox3 to display still images or the content of another page in Freeway as a small overlay on the existing page. I never use ScriptyLightbox3 to display video, so are the changes you made to version 0.4 exclusive to the display of video?

Thanks,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Walter, I just downloaded ScriptyLightbox3 and it’s an elegant solution, but the popup seems to be set to ~340x450 (for a portrait image). Is there a way to set the popup image for a larger size? I’m trying to get the effect shown on this page (click on the first photo) with larger images: News
I just programmed the images with links to a new window but that’s a pain to manage so I’d prefer your solution with larger images. Also, can the background color on the popup be changed?
Thanks.

I’m not seeing the effect on your example page. I had a look through the latest version of the Action, and there are settings for almost every option you mentioned in the Action interface. The large image is sized in percentages (see the Maximum size option), and the default is 80% of the viewport. If your image is very tall and your viewport is set to a widescreen aspect ratio, then you may see a very small image. You could set the percentage to 100, I suppose, and that might give you more of what you are looking for. Personally, I try to use square-format images for the greatest flexibility with visitors’ browser settings.

As to the background, that is set using CSS. If you create a style in your application that shadows over this one, you can make those colors anything you want.

.overlay {
	position: absolute;
	top: 0;
	left: 0;
	z-index: 1000;
	border: none;
	-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 2px 20px #000;
	-moz-box-shadow: 0px 2px 20px #000;
	box-shadow: 0px 2px 20px #000;
	-moz-border-radius: 9px;
	-webkit-border-radius: 9px;
	border-radius: 9px;