[Pro] Selecting Text is awkward

I am having trouble selecting text when working on a site with custom text. I have created an HTML item and filled it with some text. I then set the text to a “custom text” that I have set up. The custom text shows up in the inspector. Well when I go back to adjust the text it is hard to select because parts of shift above the text block and also I just can not tell when the text is selected. It is just the custom font and not the others.

Any good ideas?

Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Can you show a link to your issue on a public Web page somewhere? There may be an attribute to your style that is shifting the text out of its box. Did you hit the Superscript button by any chance?

Walter

On Sep 1, 2015, at 2:50 PM, Steven Houtzager email@hidden wrote:

I am having trouble selecting text when working on a site with custom text. I have created an HTML item and filled it with some text. I then set the text to a “custom text” that I have set up. The custom text shows up in the inspector. Well when I go back to adjust the text it is hard to select because parts of shift above the text block and also I just can not tell when the text is selected. It is just the custom font and not the others.

Any good ideas?

Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Aha. You have what looks like paragraphs of text in the middle of the page, but it’s all one paragraph. How did you create this? Did you press Shift-Return to make line-breaks, and press it twice to make the “paragraphs”? If you were trying to make the headers have no space below them, then you can do that by creating a style for those headers, and another style for the paragraphs that come after each of them, and you can make it look the way you have it but have the actual semantic text mean something.

Start over, on a new blank document, so you don’t inherit any of these styles. Draw an HTML box on the page, double-click inside it, and type your first header (What is sketch modeling). Press a normal Return after that. Type the paragraph that answers that. Repeat until you have it all there, with real returns after each paragraph of text or header. Highlight the first header with a triple-click, so you get the entire line of text and the (invisible) paragraph marker at the end. Use the Styles palette to apply h2 to the text, then use the Inspector to change the font style slightly. You will see a new h2.style1 appear in the Styles list. At this point, it’s easiest to take over using the Edit Style dialog, so control-click on the new style name and choose Edit Style in the contextual menu. Use the Space After control (in the paragraph styles section) to change the bottom spacing to 0. Edit the color, font style, size, whatever else you like, and Okay the changes. Then go through your page and highlight each of the subsequent headers and apply the newly created style to them. You won’t have to worry about triple-clicks this time, because the style has paragraph attributes in it, and it will always apply to the entire paragraph.

That should get you a header that doesn’t stray away from the paragraph following it. If that’s still not close enough, then create a new style using the Styles palette, and set the Space Before to 0 as well. That should get you the look you want, without the broken text styling you’re experiencing. Your page will be much more understandable to search engines, too.

Walter

On Sep 1, 2015, at 3:29 PM, Steven Houtzager email@hidden wrote:

Intuitionusa - Design, 3D Visualization, 3D Animation - Atlanta, GA

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Walter!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden