I’m having some spacing issues with spacing of certain items as they display in different browsers. Generally, Firefox and Safari are more or less the same, but when the site is viewed in Internet Explorer (I’ve just been sent screenshots by someone who has this) some of the graphic elements either have little bits trimmed off, as if they’re lying below something else (though they’re not, in Freeway under the ‘Page’ view) or are superimposed on something else. It seems to be happening with HTML boxes and graphics. Is there anything here I should be aware of in Freeway? I don’t understand it.
I’ve two html boxes, one headlined ‘Prose’, one ‘Poems’, each featuring a list. They look ok in Safari and Firefox, but in versions of IE the letters of the last line in each list look as if they’ve a bit shaved off the bottom of them, as if there’s an object there – I’ve checked, and can’t find anything. I retyped the last lines just to see if that changed anything, but it didn’t. This was also happening with the words ‘Prose’ and ‘Poems’ at the top of the boxes, but I seem to have sorted that by moving the boxes down the page a little. I can take a look at how the site’s viewing in Explorer using BrowserShots, and the bottom of the letters at the bottom of each box seems an issue with almost every version of Explorer. Can anyone account for it? Any help greatly appreciated.
Have just re-inputted the text and taken it out of capitals. Not sure if that seems to have done the trick or not. It looks okay using BrowserShots though wondering if there’s still a bit clipped off the descender of the ‘y’ in ‘Sweeney’ at the bottom of the column under ‘Poems’. Still mystified!
You have 2 divs on the page with negative positioning ie they are off to the left of the page.
If you toggle from Site to Page view at the top of the LH pane at the left of your screen then by clicking on the name of an item: item4 and item5 they will be selected on your page. And I suspect you will then want to delete them.
Was offline overnight but back on now. Just deleted those David. I’m surprised they showed up on the page as they were off the page in Freeway and so shouldn’t have been published. They were the HTML boxes using block caps that I kept just in case I wanted to reinstate them, and that I replaced with boxes filled with text lower case. The page should be ok now.