[Pro] SSL and Freeway Pro

You can do just that and nothing more. It’s your choice. But to ensure all your web visitors see your HTTPS pages and not your HTTP pages, more work must be done outside Freeway, and that is what my previous posts talk about.

Moving to HTTPS isn’t really that easy. But Godaddy makes it much easier by doing the really hard part for you. Before my web host used a plug-in, I spend hours upon hours in the cPanel forums trying “scripts” to get my HTTPS certificates to even work right and automatically renew. But again, your web host does that for you. It’s just that you now need to decide if you want to allow your web visitors to choose HTTP or HTTPS, or nudge them more strongly to use HTTPS.

Until recently, most sites used HTTP pages for everything except their eCommerce transaction pages. But the trend now is to make Google happy by making ALL your pages HTTPS. You heard me right. Google will give your site a ranking boost if all your pages are HTTPS. That started about a year ago, I believe. Anyway, that’s why I use those REDIRECTS in my .htaccess file.

Don’t worry too much about it. Just study it when you have the time. And if you want to setup the redirects, you can just copy and paste the code I gave you above and see how that works (make a backup of your old .htaccess first). I also added in some fun code to give Wordpress hackers a kick in the pants. If you read through my code, you will see it.

Best,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: