[Pro] Sub menues no longer working in duplicated pages

Greetings

I duplicated an existing page to create a new one as I had to add more text and add more depth to the page.

The new page proofed successfully but when uploaded to the website, the submenus “Services” and “Work in the UK” didn’t work at all!

I took the “before and after” pages into Dreamweaver to compare and search for any anomalies, but found none.

Can’t think of anything else to fix this problem, can anyone help?

Thanks…

http://www.mcgillandco.co.uk/ourteam.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Was this menu created exclusively in Freeway?

If so, an easier method may be to use the CSS menu action instead of using tables.

Mark

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply, kind of at my wits end here!

Yes, the menu was created in Freeway using the Menu Bar action.

This method worked very well until I had to update this staff page. The Home page shows you how it’s meant to work.

Galen

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

First I’d like to double Mark here.

The CSSMenu action creates a navigation, literally. Yours only looks like it would be one . And a navigation element is an essential part of a webpage (semantic and SEO) these days.

The Menu Bar Action is something I do not know at all. How old is it?

Now - in fact, you have JavaScript issues - lots of them to be honest. This is caused (I guess) by naming. It may happened that items - formerly known as #item are now, just by copying, called #item1. With the result of no function anymore.

A quick introduction of what a real menu is can be found on:

http://www.kimmich-digitalmedia.com/articles/css-menu-challenge

This is not a friendly advice, more to be seen as instruction.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The Menu Bar Action has been discontinued for a couple of years now and has been replaced by the richer CSS Menus action … you might want to give it a try.

Even though the site itself is completely table based -I’ve been using the blue blob for about a decade- I do manage to recreate a working menu+submenu and even the duplicated page of the original has a working menu+submenu.

You seem to be using both the Menu Bar action and CSS Menu’s action for some reason. The contact page contains an e-mail link that for some reason has been applied via the CSS Menus action, while the actual site-navigation has been constructed via the Menu Bar action (I think, I do not recognize the published code of the nav-bar).

If you’d like, I’ll be happy to clean up your FW document for you, so you can move on from there?

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Looks like CSS Menus is the way to go.

I’ll work on that right now… and get out of this mess.

Being new to Freeway at the time, I thought the Menu Bar action was the obvious option.

Best Regards
Galen

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden