On Safari, Freeway, Chrome, iPad and iPhone
the page opens with a blank ( black ) background.
You need several seconds of patience to see the first image loading. Around the 6th image or even earlier, the black background reappears, and the following images load segmented and fragmented, or altogether skipped. Once in the cashe everything works fine but I don’t expect anybody to have the patience with the way it starts.
I really like the idea whole background “slideshow” and I saw it implemented beautifully.
Could somebody could shed some light on my mishandling of this Action? I would be thankful.( as always ).
Even though still uncertain about it, I will try to answer my own question, in case somebody else might go through the same.
It looks like the choppy, fragmented Supersizer problem I have is caused by the action starting before the complete loading of all images in the browser the first time around. So, it might be a slow connection on my side, made even worse by a large number of files. I reduced the Supersizer folder to 10 from 16, keep my fingers crossed and it works better, with the occasional hiccup though. Again, once in the cache, all is well.
Both, and I was surprised to see how the flow of images was
chocking on all devices. I think it has to do with both the amount of images and size. After reducing the Supersizer folder 10 from 16 it was better. I guess with 5 I would’t have any surprises, but in the end I decided for Random Background.
I think I know what could go wrong: faster speed than the default ( 700, length btw.transitions 3000 ). I used to have faster settings, ( I wish I have a record of that ) and the slideshow bottlenecked usually at around 6-7th image. It works well now with the default.