[Pro] Tabbed sections using graphics for the tabs

I think that in the days of touch screens anything that relies on rollovers is not going to be the ‘best’ way.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Thanks again Dave,

Is there a way to achieve the same effect without rollovers?

Hope so!

Hear from you when you can

Anthony

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hello again,

I have been looking over this but think I need some inspiration/assistance!
I have worked out how the style can be constructed to change the state/graphic contained in an item which is something learned. Thanks for that Walter.

This works fine if there are only two states used across a number of tabs. However what I was seeking to achieve was that each of the tabs would trigger/reveal a panel of information and that the state of the tab would change when it was moused over. This would mean that each tab would have different images for each of their states.

The rollover version which I had set up illustrates what I was hoping to achieve but as this method won’t work with touch screen devices then I am keen to find how it is possible to construct what I am looking for?

Hope I’m not repeating myself here but I feel that this would be a useful construction which would have many applications across other sites I would be looking to build.

Again any positive contributions are more than welcome.

Anthony

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

as this method won’t work with touch screen devices then I am keen to find how it is possible to construct what I am looking for?

The rollover (image swop) wont work except by click but my real issue was that you seemed to be having trouble positioning the revealed content within the viewport.

It may be that with that amount of text to reveal this warrants a real link to the content - whether on this page or another.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

On 1 Jun 2016, 9:39 pm, DeltaDave wrote:

as this method won’t work with touch screen devices then I am keen to find how it is possible to construct what I am looking for?

The rollover (image swop) wont work except by click but my real issue was that you seemed to be having trouble positioning the revealed content within the viewport.

It may be that with that amount of text to reveal this warrants a real link to the content - whether on this page or another.

D

Thanks for your feedback Dave.
The positioning of the revealed panels was something I was getting to grips with and was tweaking at each media size.

So the rollover does work on other devices using the click? If so then that would open up possibilities. Let me know if this is the case and I shall set this up at the other media sizes whilst leaving the mouseover at the desktop view. Does this make sense?

Thanks again

Anthony

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options