[Pro] There has GOT to be a way (yes/no radio buttons)

Hi,

My students are begging for me to find a good answer.

I have a few yes no radio buttons on some forms.
Many students are saying the yes and no buttons are so smal when accessed on their phonesl. I think I looked into this a while back but no positive answer.

Can the radio buttons be made bigger like the way I can make the text fields bigger?

Thanks!

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Can the radio buttons be made bigger like the way I can make the text fields bigger?

Yes and No - you can use graphics instead of Radio Buttons but actual Radio Buttons appearance are set by the system you are using ie Mac, Windoze etc.

So with a bit of CSS you can use Radios of your own choosing.

Example - Quick Tip: Easy CSS3 Checkboxes and Radio Buttons | Envato Tuts+

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Dave, is it better in your experience to use the graphic suggestion or the CSS one (I am guessing CSS)

I am going to be doing the CSS with the send button this week as you suggested in the other post.

Thanks/.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The graphics are implemented using CSS

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The best way to handle this is by adding labels to the inputs, so that the entire label + radio becomes the clickable area. Freeway makes this really simple. Type some text after your radio button, then select it and look in the Inspector for the Label check box. That will open up a picker where you can choose the radio input that it is associated with.

Walter

On Nov 10, 2015, at 10:16 AM, Hoffkids email@hidden wrote:

Hi,

My students are begging for me to find a good answer.

I have a few yes no radio buttons on some forms.
Many students are saying the yes and no buttons are so smal when accessed on their phonesl. I think I looked into this a while back but no positive answer.

Thanks!

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I see Walt, it did not make the actual radio circle bigger but simply allows them to click on the word yes or no.

better.

tx

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

They look much better than how I had it. Lots to do now.

Thank you for the tip.

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

it did not make the actual radio circle bigger but simply allows them to click on the word yes or no.

The point is that with CSS you can change the appearance of that label - you can use it to hide the text (yes/no) and/or the Radio itself so that you can replace it with a graphic of your own choosing at any size you like.

Here is another article on the subject - there are many out there. Karen Menezes: Digital Archive for Code, Life and all things she loves

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden