[Pro] Upload disasters

Having moved hostings (same company, 123-reg, different package) 2 of my web sites fail to upload, giving me the message:

Cannot complete upload because an error occurred while receiving network data.

I can upload using separate FTP software, but crucial data is missing, such as WebYep files (even though they are on the web site) and PHP easyform. I’ve tried different things over the past 2 weeks, to no avail with the upload always failing at the same point.
I can only get the site to upload using the Passive mode, it won’t even start using the other two.

These sites have worked well for the past few years using Pro7 and OS10.6.8 , so I’m at a loss to know why this has happened.
Thoughts welcome - there could be a reward!

Geoff

www.grimsbylouthramblers.org.uk/OfferSun6-19.php

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Geoff,

In many cases, this can be caused by a configuration issue at the server end. I suggest saving an FTP log - there is a “Save Log” checkbox in the Upload dialog, and logs are saved in a Logs folder in your user library folder (which you can get to by holding down the Option key and selecting Library from the Go menu in the Finder).

Once you have a log, send it to us at Softpress (support at softpress dot com). If we can’t see any obvious problem, the next thing would be to send it to your web host, asking if there is anything they can reconfigure.

If you need to upload via an external FTP program, the easiest way to do this is to start by choosing “File Copy” from the “Upload” popup in Freeway’s Upload menu. This will copy all the files that need to be uploaded into a single folder (which you select) and will keep that folder up-to-date whenever you choose Upload within Freeway. Then you would use an external program to upload the contents of that folder or synchronise them with an online folder.

Jeremy

On 21 Jul 2018, at 14:08, Geoff M email@hidden wrote:

Having moved hostings (same company, 123-reg, different package) 2 of my web sites fail to upload, giving me the message:

Cannot complete upload because an error occurred while receiving network data.

I can upload using separate FTP software, but crucial data is missing, such as WebYep files (even though they are on the web site) and PHP easyform. I’ve tried different things over the past 2 weeks, to no avail with the upload always failing at the same point.
I can only get the site to upload using the Passive mode, it won’t even start using the other two.

These sites have worked well for the past few years using Pro7 and OS10.6.8 , so I’m at a loss to know why this has happened.
Thoughts welcome - there could be a reward!

Geoff

www.grimsbylouthramblers.org.uk/OfferSun6-19.php

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Many thanks for your suggestions, I’ll email two logs now.
Regards
Geoff

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden