[Pro] Use of 30 day trial versions

I have built my site with 5.4.3. When they came out, I tested 6 and then 7 and both times there were too many mistakes in the rendering of the site between versions that I just settled back into 5.4.3. But now I want to install a site search. Looked around and found that 5.5/5.6.5 have the built in folder action “simple site search”. So I downloaded the 30 day trial and put search on my site. My question is, when I go back to 5.4.3 after 30 days will the function simple site search still be there? Will uploading from 5.4.3 again, overwrite the progress I have made?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Two things to note:

I have built my site with 5.4.3. When they came out, I tested 6 and then 7 and both times there were too many mistakes in the rendering of the site between versions

Wrong. There are too many mistakes within your page-construction causing this. The truth is in the browser, anyway.

My question is, when I go back to 5.4.3 after 30 days will the function simple site search still be there? Will uploading from 5.4.3 again, overwrite the progress I have made?

The thing is, that you won’t be able to open your document anymore. So I’d call it a rather bad idea doing so. Freeway never was backwards compatible.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

The point that Thomas is making is that older versions of FW (5.4.3) cannot open FW docs created/modified in a newer version (5.6.5)

Dont be such a tight wad - upgrade and smell the roses!

But to get the best from any of the more recent versions you will need to rethink your page construction.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

That’s odd because I do not see these page-construction mistakes in any browser when viewing the site.

Give me a link to where I can get this incremental upgrade. I couldn’t find it when I was looking.

5.4.3 to 5.6.5 should be like a couple bucks, right?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

5.4.3 to 5.6.5 should be like a couple bucks, right?

Drop them a line and ask sales(a)softpress.com

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options