[Pro] Version 7.1, <div>

Hi,

I am far from being an HTML expert. I have discovered in the new templates in version 7.1 that there are some HTML objects containing other HTML objects that under the hood are

containing other

I would like to be able to create such ‘zones’, but can’t find out how to do it other than through Copy/Paste. What’s the way to create such objects ? Has the documentation been updated to 7.1 - I searched but haven’t fin ?

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Click inside a HTML box then from the top menu select insert > HTML item

David Owen

On 11 Aug 2015, at 18:14, Giles Plante email@hidden wrote:

Hi,

I am far from being an HTML expert. I have discovered in the new templates in version 7.1 that there are some HTML objects containing other HTML objects that under the hood are

containing other

I would like to be able to create such ‘zones’, but can’t find out how to do it other than through Copy/Paste. What’s the way to create such objects ? Has the documentation been updated to 7.1 - I searched but haven’t fin ?

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Double-click (so you see the flashing cursor), preferably :wink:

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for your help.

I have some more questions. In an item with subdivided in some more , how can I precisely insert some more HTML objects ? I can’t succeed in doing that. And why for some objects the corner handles are red while the middle handles are black ?

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

how can I precisely insert some more HTML objects ?

To insert another html item after (or before) an existing one do the following.

Select the html item you wish to add another before (or after). Use the Left Arrow on the Keyboard to move the insertion point (left=before, right=after) and then Insert>html item.

for some objects the corner handles are red

Usually because their height is set to Flexible (look in the Inspector 1st Tab and in the Measurements section)

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

What you basically ask is called inflow-constrcution (aka BoxModel) - I call it theGrid.

Softpress wrote a very basic (PDF) article about which is worth a look. Unfortunately I can’t recall its URL for now. But if you ask the support there, I’m pretty sure you’ll get some further infos.

You’re on the right track, keep on going - it’s imperative (and inevitable) knowledge for building modern, smooth, responsive projects in FreewayPro.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi David,

thanks for the information, that works really well. I didn’t know there were some way to insert an HTML item without drawing it on the screen, now I know how to do it :-).

Thomas, I searched on the Softpress Web site, and one need to contact support to get the document. I got it from this page “CSS Layout in Freeway (Pro only)”.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden