I’m doing the Third video Tutor where you Create a simple photo Gallery.
Some reason the steps outlined in the video and guide are not producing the same results.
The problem I’m having is I can only get the last graph to show in the actions window. In the tutor all the images from the stack should show, but this never seems to work. I grouped the images and that works, but then the rollover does not show the target image.
In the tutor it has you do the following:
• Select the large image of the beachhuts and choose
Item>Duplicate, ensure the values are still set to 1 copy and 0px for both offsets. Click OK.
• Choose File>Import, navigate to the folder
“Tutorial2and3_media” and select the image used for our second thumbnail (called “weathered sea wall.jpg”) and click Open. Control-click on the item and choose Graphic>Scale and Trim.
• Repeat the process of duplicating the topmost graphic item and importing a new graphic for each of the remaining images in order so they correspond exactly with the thumbnail images. We currently have two target images imported, the others are:
“birds at low tide.jpg”
“footprints in wet sand.jpg”
“groynes in winter.jpg“
“low tide runnels in the sunlight.jpg”
With all large graphic items created, we can apply the Target Image Action. This will control which image is displayed when a particular thumbnail is clicked on.
• Select an item in the stack of large graphic items and
choose Item>Actions>Target Image.
• If you don’t have the Actions palette open, choose Window>Actions to open it.
Is the tutor based on a older version and it is different in version 5.5.4 Pro? Something that seems simple has turned into a pain. I wanted to work through the tutors just to get a good understanding of the product. I’m stuck at this point. I checked the user guide and followed the steps outline on page 66, but same thing.
Thanks for any help.
tutorials mailing list
Update your subscriptions at: