[Pro] What's best way to split a site into two

I need to split a site into two. Actually will be eliminating about half the pages and want to rename it and upload under a different name. What’s the best way to do this? Using Freeway 6.1.2

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

There are a few ways to approach this, but first a question…

Once you are finished, do you want to remain with two separate sites/freeway documents? Or are you “splitting” the site simply as a means to eliminate unwanted pages and rename it?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The current site hosts many pages and most are being recreated in a different program on a different server. The remaining CharacterPlus pages will need to remain and become the index.html home page. If you wish to view the site, it’s edplus.org. The CharacterPlus pages will remain on the current server. All else will be gone.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Joe,

There may be an easier way, but here’s how I would do it. Create an outline (on paper or in an outline app, not FreeWay) for your intended site structure. Be sure to include all of the intended pages with their intended layout with subfolders, etc.

When you are ready, create a new FW document (or duplicate your existing one). You will need to have the exact folder structure in your FW document as your other site. My guess is, you will end up with a lot of empty folders, but that is okay and it will help you keep everything organized.

From there, copy/paste your new pages into your new document.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

That’s a good idea. The site is further complicated with WebYep, content management that needs to move and follow existing pages. I’ll be sure to post how I did it and if it was worthwhile. Thank you for your speedy reply and idea.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden