I created a site at http://www.nudephotopro.com/ using Freeway and it’s generally very slow to load with Safari. You arrive at the page quickly enough and it starts to load but then it can take ages before finally completing e.g 10-15 seconds on a fast connection. I could be wrong but I think it has become worse since I redesigned the site using the RPL action.
Recently I switched to SRWare Iron (Chrome without the feedback to Google) and find it opens completely in just a couple of seconds at most. Presumably there is something which is holding Safari back in this case and I wondered if it is anything I can change through Freeway?
Although Chrome seems to be faster in general the difference is not normally so exaggerated. I’ve also just tried this on a Windows laptop that only took a couple of seconds with either FireFox or I.E 9.
I think I have just discovered what the problem has been. On both Safari and Chrome I have the SEO Quake extension installed, but for some reason this has no major impact on performance in Chrome, whereas in Safari it becomes a severe problem, though curiously not so much on other sites. Without that extension enabled Chrome is always faster but Safari is no longer quite so bad.
Now there’s a FPS I might actually buy – hunt down oily SEO scam
artists in the basement of a ruined chemical factory, and fire a
weapon at them that forces them to read everything that Jakob Neilsen
has ever written.