[Pro] WY short text and Ä, Ö, Ü, ß, ...

I believe there is a PHP setting required to use Unicode in WebYep. I know I have seen Max write about it before. You may also need to open up the WY system files and change their charset using a programmer’s text editor, because if the files are in Windows Latin or whatever, then just setting the preferences to Unicode will make it worse, not better, because things will be double-encoded. I don’t use WebYep, so I can’t really advise you any further.

Walter

On Jan 9, 2016, at 10:38 AM, purity email@hidden wrote:

Yes I know. I’m fiddling around with the chartset and the footer positioning, but despite your kind guidance I can’t find any clue

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

One more thing about charsets: you don’t have to (of course you should, for reasons of Internet Purity and all that) use Unicode. As long as you use exactly ONE charset all the way through the layer-cake of your CMS page, you can express any character in any charset. If the character cannot be expressed, it will be encoded in entity escapes (those things that start with a & and end in a ; inline within your HTML code). All of that is what will happen in the Freeway part of things, and in any CMS I have ever built, that’s how I used to do things before I got Unicode religion. But unless WebYep is in perfect synch with the surrounding page, and knows exactly which charset to force any user-entered content into, you will end up with a mis-match, which results in the odd characters you have seen here.

Walter

On Jan 9, 2016, at 11:08 AM, Walter Lee Davis email@hidden wrote:

I believe there is a PHP setting required to use Unicode in WebYep. I know I have seen Max write about it before. You may also need to open up the WY system files and change their charset using a programmer’s text editor, because if the files are in Windows Latin or whatever, then just setting the preferences to Unicode will make it worse, not better, because things will be double-encoded. I don’t use WebYep, so I can’t really advise you any further.

Walter

On Jan 9, 2016, at 10:38 AM, purity email@hidden wrote:

Yes I know. I’m fiddling around with the chartset and the footer positioning, but despite your kind guidance I can’t find any clue

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Walter,

thank you very much for that hint. I found that article and changed the config file. I also changed the output to HTML 4.01 Strict because i can’t get HTML 5 and it’s standard chart UTF-8 to work …

but if there is any idea to get it work, it’ll be appreciated …

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I dont know about the guts of WebYep and its machinations but I do know that you still have the googlefonts link WRONG.

Please revisit this and tale it out of the style block that you have added via Page>Html Markup in the before section and put it back in so that it is NOT enclosed in … tags.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hello Dave,

now I am confused. I changed the before section in the master pages as shown below. Now the google link is outside the other styles. Or is this wrong too?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If I look at http://www.grayfix.at/planc_test/index.php - this is what I see

<style type="text/css">
<!--
<link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,400italic,700,700italic' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
.filmtitelgross { color:#418b67; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:19px; line-height:1.2; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.untertitel { font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.untertitelbraun { color:#82462e; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.untertitelhellgruen { color:#76c59f; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.untertitelgruen { color:#418b67; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.untertitelblaugrau { color:#b2bfd0; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.fliesstext { color:#ccc; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:400 }
.credit { color:#ccc; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:9px; letter-spacing:0.01em; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:400 }
-->
</style>

There is a lot of other code in there but this is the code to load OpenSans

What I should see is

<link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,400italic,700,700italic' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.filmtitelgross { color:#418b67; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:19px; line-height:1.2; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.untertitel { font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.untertitelbraun { color:#82462e; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.untertitelhellgruen { color:#76c59f; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.untertitelgruen { color:#418b67; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.untertitelblaugrau { color:#b2bfd0; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:700 }
.fliesstext { color:#ccc; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:400 }
.credit { color:#ccc; font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size:9px; letter-spacing:0.01em; line-height:1.3; text-align:left; font-weight:400 }
-->
</style>

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Dave,

i changed the HTML-Markup in the Masters as it should be before , but somehow not all Pages overtook it. Now I checked the pages and published them again. Now this part of the code should be okay.

Thank you so much!!!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden