hgroup,
main,
menu,
nav,
section,
summary {
display: block;
}

using your method described above. And the other “HTML5” stuff as well, perhaps. One of the major problems is figuring out which parts of normalize is inbuilt (default) and which not.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

One thing to remember about z-index is that it is locally scoped. If you have a parent element and a number of child elements within it, you can set a z-index on the child elements, and they will be respected within the scope of the parent. But setting a sufficiently high z-index will never allow the child to “escape” from its parent with respect to the page body or the parent’s other peer elements within the body.

In a related example towards layering with z-indexes, I set the (should-be-on-top-of-all) item NAV1a1 in the DIV (extended) to z=19, this item has in the css FRW z-index=3, so it’s alright above item ‘nybygga’ with z-index=2, but still not above the Facebook Like button (‘top-facebook-like’) with z-index=12.

The NAV1a1 is the navigation bar on this site:

How to set the z-indexes so the navigation bar (‘NAV1a1’) covers the Facebook Like button (‘top-facebook-like’) and the grey strip (‘nybygga’)?

I’m trying to get my head around this……

/
with best regards,
Omar KN
Stockholm, Sweden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options