RE: [Pro] editting duplicated rollovers

I have tried to select the individual item in the left side bar, but there is no option to show the font inspector, nothing on right/left click on anything combined with alt, ctrl etc…

I have some tips for you… I think you’ll like 'em.

First of all, if you have things that are supposed to be the same (barring a few tweaks of course) across lots of pages, put them on the master page that those pages use. Remove them from all regular (non-master) pages but one first, then select and CUT the last examples of those navigation buttons. Next, go to the master page and paste. Set them up in some kind of default manner, then go to each individual page and make the slight changes required for those.

Second, there are a couple of ways to select items that sit beneath other items. One I think you already know about; switching the Site panel to Page view, and clicking on individual items.
The other way to select something beneath something else is to hold down the Command (Apple) key and the Option (Alt) key, then click. Each successive click will burrow down through a stack of items, selecting the next one down, then the next, then the next…
(A bodger way to select somethign underneath one other thing is to drag-select across the pair of items, then shift-click the front-most to deselect it. Also worth remembering.)

Third, editing the text in a graphic box that’s underneath something else. You can’t double-click it, of course. But if you hit the Enter key on your keyboard it will ‘open’ the item and put the text insertion cursor inside. Don’t click! Use the keyboard to select all the text (Command-A of course) and type over the top, or move the cursor around with the arrow keys. Just click elsewhere to step out of this edit mode. (Don’t hit the Enter key again.)

dynamo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks for the tips it has helped a lot.

dynamo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options