reCaptcha v2 integration

Huh, that’s peculiar, it was zipped by latest Mojave’s Archive Utility. (Compress in Finder)

reCAPTCHA v3 is a bit more involved. My interpretation of its simplest form would be to include it on every page of the site with unique action names, then on pages with forms you would additionally inject the returned token into a hidden form field. (That last part is what happens when you tick the Checkbox version)

On the backend rather than checking for success, you would need to check for success and then interpret the score somewhat arbitrarily. 1.0 Google thinks is very likely a person, 0.0 they think it’s very likely a bot. You have to pick somewhere in the middle and accept anything above that.

If I was adding it to Freeway I would create a reCAPTCHA folder Action that does the first paragraph automagically, then the second paragraph would be handled by the Send Form Action. Probably I would add another field to the Action for the score threshold and use some default like 0.5 if it’s not set.

Unfortunately this would have taken more time than I could put to it at the moment, which was why I opted for the v2 Checkbox.

Simon

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: