Resource cannot be found

Good day all,
I’m having a problem publishing a site since I moved the file from one computer to another. At first I got a “RESOURCE CANNOT BE FOUND” message relating to a few links. I went to “resources” in the menu and was able to relink everything. However I now notice that the font in 2 parts of the css menu I created has changed and when I go to publish I now get this:

RESOURCE CANNOT BE FOUND. The following resources cannot be found and will not be published.
The file Macintosh HD:Applications:Freeway 6.1 Pro:Freeway Pro.app:Contents:SharedSupport:Actions: FAST:CSS Navigation.fwactionb:Contents:Resources:Actions:Support Files~:transparent.gif for this resource cannot be found.

I can’t figure out how to link the file that it claims is missing, because this doesn’t show up at all in the resources menu, and therefore doesn’t give me an option to link the file. Can someone please help me figure out what to do.

Thank You.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

“The file Macintosh HD:Applications:Freeway 6.1 Pro:Freeway Pro.app:Contents:SharedSupport:Actions: FAST:CSS Navigation.fwactionb:Contents:Resources:Actions:Support Files~:transparent.gif”

I am just guessing from reading what you posted above.

Sure sounds like an action resource to me. Since you mention you moved the file from one computer to another perhaps the action does not exist, or does not exist in the same configuration, as it did on the original computer.

I would suggest to try to re-apply the action if it is absolutely necessary.

Possibly you installed actions into Freeway on the previous computer that you do not have on this computer.

Good Luck

PaulM

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried clicking on actions in the edit menu, and the “add action” item to search for any missing actions, but that’s not telling me anything. Is there an easier way to find a list of all actions installed.

Also I forgot to mention that the computer I originally created the site on was using Freeway Pro 6.1, whereas the computer I transferred the site to is using 7.1.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

CAUTION: I only post this for informational purposes and do not suggest this as a fix for any application issues!!!

You can right-click on any application and choose “Show Package Contents”. From there you can follow the trail to look at the installed actions. Hint: the trail is the part of your first comment I quoted earlier.

CAUTION: do not alter an applications package unless you know what you are doing!!! Anything you do inside an application’s package can damage or disable the application!!!

PaulM

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Actually that’s one of the first things I did. I noticed that the resource file was where it should be in the package contents, but the resource can’t be found because it is searching for “Macintosh HD:Applications:Freeway 6.1 Pro”, whereas the updated version has it listed under “Macintosh HD:Applications:Freeway 7.1 Pro”. If I could relink the file there would be no problem, but since it won’t show up in “resourses” I don’t have that option. This is where I’m having the problem.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

In a case like this you have to remove all instances of the action in question, republish the site and then reapply the action.

When you do this it will use the correct version of the action and not the version that was cached in your FW document.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Well, I realised that it was the site’s css menu that was causing all of the problems, so I just decided to recreate it from scratch, and that seems to have eliminated both the “resources cannot be found alert” and the font issue.

Thanks for your assistance.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden