responsive site, from scratch or convert

Hi Johan,

OK - the link was already shared - my bad :slight_smile:

I do have one:

One of my theories is, that no client requires a 160 pages monolith. EXCEPT “Shops”. By this, there is my other theory which is called: “Think modular”. A shop to me and these days is an external thing off the regular company informations. From the structure, it looks like:

/*Main Domain and Company Info*/
my-company.com

/*Shop Domain as a Sub-Domain*/
shop.my-domain.com

Naturally both refer to each other.

This is making things immensely flexible and adjustable. Design is basically separated from function which is to me the best thinkable thing.

So why do a client doesn’t need 160 pages?

Because people don’t like to read. They spent maximum 5 minutes average on your page which will mean 300 seconds divided by 160 which will end up 2 seconds each page. As said one exception:

“Shopping”

There I have to mind and grind but I still think of a “Featuring OnePage basic Index” with some aspects (sections) in excerpt style - whether to further info pages by call-to-action or directly featuring products from your shop portfolio.

Be flexible and start from a proper story (outline) - and leave primary “Design” out. That’s the way I traget projects these days - but my theory may fail (which would be a pity, though).

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: