Rome wasn't built in a day

Amen, Barry. I really relate to your “I’m an artist but I don’t think I’m stupid…but I found FW7 too complex.” I have a Ph.D. in a non-tech field. But I have at times felt technologically overwhelmed in my 11-year progression from Freeway 3.5 Express up to (now) Freeway 7 Pro.

Thankfully, through trial and error (lots of errors!) and tons of input from expert posters on this forum, I found an answer which works for me personally. I finally cobbled together a workable system for changing my ~340 non-mobile pages to mobile, plus creating new mobile pages. Taking all the piece-by-piece input I picked up on this forum and in the manuals and tutorials, I wrote out a two-page CHECKLIST. I don’t understand all the technology behind each item. But they work! So I religiously follow my checklist when creating a new page or “mobilizing” an existing one.

Here’s the great thing. As I use that checklist, I find that slowly the “light is going on” in various areas. I’m starting to understand the “why” of percentages, of max/min/fixed, etc.

In brief, thanks to all the experts here that take so much time to help us low-tech webmasters create a working website. I appreciate it very much.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: