Rome wasn't built in a day

Hi guys,

thanks for your input so far.

Basically I wouldn’t be so critical against “hosted and payed per month” solutions, cause in some cases, they could do a really good job. And hosting is a thing you anyway have to pay. On the other hand - I prefer the “hands on things” as well.

The biggest hurdle is often enough the “my page needs to look crazy cool (… similar to my competitor … )”. This is the first devil in detail. It suddenly stops any kind of simplified working so it stops immediately the basic thoughts.

Nobody is dumb per se - but nobody admits, being a bit shorthanded by the flood of challenges.

It wasn’t expecting the “I’m coming from DTP and now doing a bit of web design - just for a friend” Freeway user are rushing in here. But those are the real target for this talk.

You guys doing a hobby or trying to feature your thoughts do anyway have my admiration. You do perhaps the hardest job of us all. You never saw yourself as “Designer” while the above mentioned group often enough do! Both results do look pretty much the same. Template adjusted!

AND most important message for this thread:

I’m joining this community since 2009 (starting FW somewhere in 2007/2008). After playing around with drop’n drag, I pretty quick realized, that this is OK - but not enough at all. So since there, I featured “Inflow-constrcution” with pretty less success - I mean featuring not doing :-).

And to all times, a Freeway user have had another excuse not doing inflow. In 2009, it was clear to me - in 2015 people wonder why everything changed - not being up-to-date? Crazy, isn’t it?

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: