Scripty Lightbox and swf

I have the scripty lightbox action and the graphic link to file
applied to a button. When viewed in a browser (safari), the .swf file
appears, but the container does not grow to the full dimensions - I
have tried adding the size manually in the action 1024x725 but it
still does not grow.

The swf file was exported from Indesign CS4.

Am I missing something?

Nathan Garner
Creative Director

Austin Wells Design Limited
One Elmgate Drive - Littledown - Bournemouth BH7 7EF
t 01202 301271 e email@hidden w http://www.austinwellsdesign.co.uk

Member of NAPP


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I believe this depends on the Flash movie for any growth. If the
fields are filled in on the Action, then the dimensions are passed to
the underlying Lightwindow.js script. The rest is up to the movie. If
the movie was coded to be a particular size, nothing (except Freeway’s
Flash Extras Action) can override that. My understanding is that the
Action does so by rewriting the actual movie, not by setting some flag
to tell it to allow scaling.

There’s one other possibility here – if you have applied the
ScriptyLightbox Action to more than one element on the page, there is
no way to tell which one will be the one to create the final code. If
you have a number of different elements on the page that need this
Action, you can either set all of them to the same set of dimensions
(pick the largest Flash movie on your page for these) or apply the
Action to a parent element that contains all of the thumbnails, and
make this setting there. The dimensions you set in the Action are only
used in the case of QuickTime or Flash movies – they are ignored (and
auto-scaling is used) for any “normal” Web media.

Walter

On Oct 7, 2009, at 6:24 AM, Nathan Garner wrote:

I have the scripty lightbox action and the graphic link to file
applied to a button. When viewed in a browser (safari), the .swf
file appears, but the container does not grow to the full dimensions

  • I have tried adding the size manually in the action 1024x725 but
    it still does not grow.

The swf file was exported from Indesign CS4.

Am I missing something?

Nathan Garner
Creative Director

Austin Wells Design Limited
One Elmgate Drive - Littledown - Bournemouth BH7 7EF
t 01202 301271 e email@hidden w http://www.austinwellsdesign.co.uk

Member of NAPP


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I do have a few graphics that use the action and work ok, but the swf
file doesn’t. All the other scale according to the graphic size, but
the swf file just sits in a 100x100px container.

Nathan Garner
Creative Director

Austin Wells Design Limited
One Elmgate Drive - Littledown - Bournemouth BH7 7EF
t 01202 301271 e email@hidden w http://www.austinwellsdesign.co.uk

Member of NAPP

On 7 Oct 2009, at 14:16, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

I believe this depends on the Flash movie for any growth. If the
fields are filled in on the Action, then the dimensions are passed
to the underlying Lightwindow.js script. The rest is up to the
movie. If the movie was coded to be a particular size, nothing
(except Freeway’s Flash Extras Action) can override that. My
understanding is that the Action does so by rewriting the actual
movie, not by setting some flag to tell it to allow scaling.

There’s one other possibility here – if you have applied the
ScriptyLightbox Action to more than one element on the page, there
is no way to tell which one will be the one to create the final
code. If you have a number of different elements on the page that
need this Action, you can either set all of them to the same set of
dimensions (pick the largest Flash movie on your page for these) or
apply the Action to a parent element that contains all of the
thumbnails, and make this setting there. The dimensions you set in
the Action are only used in the case of QuickTime or Flash movies –
they are ignored (and auto-scaling is used) for any “normal” Web
media.

Walter

On Oct 7, 2009, at 6:24 AM, Nathan Garner wrote:

I have the scripty lightbox action and the graphic link to file
applied to a button. When viewed in a browser (safari), the .swf
file appears, but the container does not grow to the full
dimensions - I have tried adding the size manually in the action
1024x725 but it still does not grow.

The swf file was exported from Indesign CS4.

Am I missing something?

Nathan Garner
Creative Director

Austin Wells Design Limited
One Elmgate Drive - Littledown - Bournemouth BH7 7EF
t 01202 301271 e email@hidden w http://www.austinwellsdesign.co.uk

Member of NAPP


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Set each of the instances of the Action on the same page to have the
same dimensions. Even if those instances of the Action do not directly
relate to a Flash movie, they may end up being the one instance of the
Action that publishes code for the entire page. If you set these
values for non-flash content, it will do nothing to the non-flash
content. But if you have more than one instance of the Action applied
on the page, all of them must be set to the same set of values, or you
can’t guarantee that the values will be used at all.

Walter

On Oct 7, 2009, at 9:37 AM, Nathan Garner wrote:

I do have a few graphics that use the action and work ok, but the
swf file doesn’t. All the other scale according to the graphic size,
but the swf file just sits in a 100x100px container.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options