ScriptyLighbox Vimeo Issue

I’m having trouble creating a lightbox and embedding a vimeo video inside it. So far, I have tried everything I can think of. Most recent attempt, I created an image, external linked it to HTML of the page where the vimeo video is, and added the scripty action. What happens now, the lighbox opens…but is blank. Any help on how to get the vimeo video in that lightbox - greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Evan

file:///Users/evanwbux/Documents/lbcfreewaypro/Site%20Folder/index.html


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

This link, which I thank you for providing, is to the file on your Mac, which (I sincerely hope) I cannot see in my browser. You need to upload this page somewhere public – a web server of some sort – so we can look at the code. If you don’t want to do that, the go to https://gist.github.com and paste the HTML source of the page into the form there, set the Type to HTML, save it, then paste the URL of the page that results back here. We will be able to see the source code, nicely color-coded and indented, and can offer you suggestions then. Once the crisis has passed, you can delete your Gist and it won’t be left hanging around to embarrass you!

Walter

On Feb 26, 2013, at 1:38 PM, Evan wrote:

I’m having trouble creating a lightbox and embedding a vimeo video inside it. So far, I have tried everything I can think of. Most recent attempt, I created an image, external linked it to HTML of the page where the vimeo video is, and added the scripty action. What happens now, the lighbox opens…but is blank. Any help on how to get the vimeo video in that lightbox - greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Evan

file:///Users/evanwbux/Documents/lbcfreewaypro/Site%20Folder/index.html


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

This should do it…

http://www.littlebearcreative.com/

You can see when you click it…it just does spinning wheel forever…never loads anything…Thanks! Let me know…
Evan


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Okay, this is going to be easy to fix. What you need to do is open this movie in Vimeo:

Click on the little Share icon in the top-right corner, and copy everything out of the Embed field:

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/39679356?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/39679356">Thank You Keith Reel 2012</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/thankyoukeith">ThankYouKeith</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Paste that somewhere that you can edit it – I recommend a programmer’s text editor, like TextWrangler from BBCode, free, and recently upgraded to version 4!

Read carefully through the HTML until you have located the entire content of the src attribute:

The idea here is that you will find src=" and place your cursor after that opening quote, then select forward until just before you reach the next (closing) quote.

Copy only that URL, and paste it into the URL field for your lightbox. That should work just fine.

Walter

On Feb 26, 2013, at 3:03 PM, Evan wrote:

This should do it…

http://www.littlebearcreative.com/

You can see when you click it…it just does spinning wheel forever…never loads anything…Thanks! Let me know…
Evan


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Forgot to mention, that’s a very handsome site you have there…

Walter

On Feb 26, 2013, at 3:03 PM, Evan wrote:

http://www.littlebearcreative.com/


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

waltd, thanks so much! Just finishing up the design myself, but since im not a programmer, getting into freeway.

Unfortunately…this fix doesn’t seem to be working…

I tried pasting in both the shorter: http://player.vimeo.com/video/39679356

And the longer: http://player.vimeo.com/video/39679356" width=“500” height=“281” frameborder=“0”

And both still give me the spinning wheel of madness…am I missing something else?

Thanks again for taking the time, very much appreciated.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

It worked here, first try. What version of ScriptyLightbox are you using? If you’re using SL2, please try SL3 which is what I tested this in.

Walter

On Feb 26, 2013, at 3:48 PM, Evan wrote:

waltd, thanks so much! Just finishing up the design myself, but since im not a programmer, getting into freeway.

Unfortunately…this fix doesn’t seem to be working…

I tried pasting in both the shorter: http://player.vimeo.com/video/39679356

And the longer: http://player.vimeo.com/video/39679356" width=“500” height=“281” frameborder=“0”

And both still give me the spinning wheel of madness…am I missing something else?

Thanks again for taking the time, very much appreciated.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Using version 3. Did you use the longer or shorter of those two options? I’m going to start over and past this one: http://player.vimeo.com/video/39679356

and see if that works…


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much. Now just have to figure out how to get it to auto start playing…and I should be good to go…

thanks!
evan


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options