Scrutinizing SPARKLE (Freeway alternative)

@ Duncan,

thanks for the reply, I totally understand. However, I’ve managed to achieve what I wanted using the free version and using the embed code to place an iFrame link to the site that enables me to do my editing. It’s a very similar to your documentation site at Managing Pages | Sparkle Documentation.

Did you create this in Sparkle, and if so, how are you creating this page? It appears to me that the info in the right hand panel is all that changes and the titles on the left are static? Is it done via anchors or some other way. Remember I’m not a programmer.

Am loving the simplicity and speed of Sparkle, achieving in minutes what would have taken me hours in Freeway. There are obvious limitations in control e.g. I could create some great text effects in Freeway using glows and shadows etc, but I realise the text would have been a graphic, but still hypertext linkable. Any plans for this in the future with Sparkle?

Finally, do you have any plans for starting a Sparkle forum? I feel a bit cheeky using FWT, but realise others may benefit from my lack of knowledge/experience. I’m very confused by the purpose of adding sections in the page add panel for example, or is this just a feature of the paid version. Your documentation touches on them but I don’t know how I would use them?

@ redfeather,

You aren’t limited to just a 5 day trial with the free version of Sparkle, it is time unlimited.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: