Selecting toolbar dropdown options with trackpad

May seem like a stupid question, but how do I select dropdown options from items on the toolbar, e.g. HTML, using the Magic Trackpad?

Usual behaviour of tapping doesn’t work. The only thing that works, is tap and hold down on the trackpad, then the list comes up, but it’s impossible to reach an item near the bottom as I can’t travel that far down the list with releasing my finger from the trackpad, which then, in turn makes the list disappear!

In other apps, accessing this type of list is achieved by the two-finger tap (right click), or by a tap on the actual down arrow itself, but neither of these work in FW.

I can workaround most of them, as the options are duplicated on menus, e.g. the HTML ones, but this is not always the case.

I’m sure there is a simple solution to this!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I don’t have one of the latest Magic Trackpads, but I do have the first one (with the mechanical switch). I believe this gesture will work in either, because the new one emulates the way the old one worked. Mouse over the target click point using your index finger. Use your thumb to press down near the bottom of the trackpad (that’s the click) – just as you would have done on an old PowerBook with the separate button. Continue to hold your thumb down to keep the menu open while you “scrub” through the list with your index finger.

Walter

On Mar 26, 2016, at 5:01 AM, Iain Mackenzie email@hidden wrote:

May seem like a stupid question, but how do I select dropdown options from items on the toolbar, e.g. HTML, using the Magic Trackpad?

Usual behaviour of tapping doesn’t work. The only thing that works, is tap and hold down on the trackpad, then the list comes up, but it’s impossible to reach an item near the bottom as I can’t travel that far down the list with releasing my finger from the trackpad, which then, in turn makes the list disappear!

In other apps, accessing this type of list is achieved by the two-finger tap (right click), or by a tap on the actual down arrow itself, but neither of these work in FW.

I can workaround most of them, as the options are duplicated on menus, e.g. the HTML ones, but this is not always the case.

I’m sure there is a simple solution to this!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Well done Walter, that worked! Thank you.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden