Send form creates loads of files?

Anyone else noticing that every time you publish you get another FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1.php when using the send form action?

FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1a.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1b.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1c.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1d.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1e.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1f.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1g.php

… and so on… I have a developer who’s going to be working on the site and he’s like wtf is all this?? Anyone any ideas?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’ve noticed this problem as well. I’m wondering if this is a side affect of inline construction/Backdraft. Can anyone confirm or deny this happening for a non-Backdraft website?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

This happens whenever Freeway loses track of Action-published files. The trick to get around it is to delete everything from your Site Folder, and allow Freeway to publish again completely.

Walter

On Mar 18, 2014, at 4:04 PM, Caleb Grove wrote:

I’ve noticed this problem as well. I’m wondering if this is a side affect of inline construction/Backdraft. Can anyone confirm or deny this happening for a non-Backdraft website?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I have done this but it starts again…


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

This happens whenever Freeway loses track of Action-published files. The trick to get around it is to delete everything from your Site Folder, and allow Freeway to publish again completely.

I’ve tried this, but it doesn’t always fix the problem. Sometimes I’ll clear out the Site Folder, then Freeway will regenerate 3-10 of the SendForm PHP files in one go.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

This is a known bug which I believe SP are/have been working on (for some time)

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I think this is one of the benefits of NOT using an action - Freeway Pro
rarely gets confused when you just ask it to include the code you’ve
written as a markup or extended bit. It doesn’t read it or interpret it or
do anything else but place it exactly where you’ve asked it to.

I would have thought you guys would be rolling your own forms :wink:


Ernie Simpson


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I would have thought you guys would be rolling your own forms :wink:

Backdraft users don’t really care for hand-coding forms. :slight_smile:


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Backdraft users don’t really care for hand-coding forms. :slight_smile:

Okay, whatever. Maybe it’s time for you to rewrite a form action that works
then.


Ernie Simpson


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

We don’t code round these parts


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yep. It’s driving me nuts. I now have to dig in to the site folder prior to publishing delete the old FW_SendForrmXXX on every publish.

David Owen

http://www.printlineadvertising.co.uk

On 18 Mar 2014, at 19:45, “Justin Easthall” email@hidden wrote:

Anyone else noticing that every time you publish you get another FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1.php when using the send form action?

FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1a.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1b.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1c.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1d.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1e.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1f.php
FW_SendForm_contactusgoodhav_sidebarLeft1g.php


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yes - its embarrassing too if other people look! Anyone found a work around yet?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Justin,
Do you have the Action applied to the page or an item? If it is an item is it an inflow item? I had a similar issue with the PHP Feedback Form Action creating multiple -go.php files and I traced it back to applying the Action to inflow items in the page. The solution? I stopped users applying the Action to inflow items! :slight_smile:
Try applying the Action to the page and see if that helps.
Regards,
Tim.

On 19 Mar 2014, at 13:08, Justin Easthall wrote:

Yes - its embarrassing too if other people look! Anyone found a work around yet?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yes I do! I thought there was a downside to applying to the page? No?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Generally I’d always recommend you apply Actions as low down the food chain and as close to the item you want to alter as you can but in this case if applying the item to the page corrects the issue then do it. The only downside of applying the Action to the page will be that you can’t have more than one ‘Send Form’ item on the page.
Regards,
Tim.

On 19 Mar 2014, at 13:18, Justin Easthall wrote:

Yes I do! I thought there was a downside to applying to the page? No?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Ok thanks Ill give it ago now


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yes that sorted it! Caleb may wanna take note that the form on Backdraft has it placed inline - Im sure he’ll update as he is reading this hello!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks for all your feedback and research guys!

I likely won’t push out an update until I collect a few more bugs - thanks to the nature of Freeway templates, updates are a lot of work for both my customers and myself and it makes more sense to do fewer big releases than a lot of small ones.

Also, I’m kind of torn on this issue. While I hate the extra PHP files, modules should be self contained to reduce confusion and increase portability. Then, there’s the fact that the Send Form action - if applied to the page - means that there can only be one form per page and can cause conflicts with other form-related stuff.

What I’ll probably do is create a “Known Bugs and Fixes” page on the documentation site later today where I’ll cover stuff like this in more detail.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Goof stuff Caleb. Thanks


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options