SEO when changing to Freeway

I have a client who has a site on Freeola Instant site and he has asked me to change his site to freeway.

My question is, how will this affect his ranking in Google. He is in a very niche industry and he currently ranks within the top 4.

Thank you

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

This is water on my mill - literally.

First things first:

If the comment is too long to read, just read the bold flagged words.

####This isn’t a question of application*.

SEO is the result of content, semantically flagged (by headings and following paragraphs) and wrapped into a (preferably HTML5) construction.

Since years, some of us are trying to tell you (me included) that a WebDesigner needs to be aware of the results - in other words the underlying code. This is mostly answered by:

“I’ve been chosen Freeway cause code sucks and i don’t want to have to do with it”

Fortunately this excuse doesn’t work in this case. The challenge is to have a look under the hood of the current project, trying to figure out how it is constructed. Taking this and replicating it 1:1 into your Freeway file will affect, that nothing will be affected - cause literally you do exactly the same thing as it was.

It is important to keep page-names, page-titles and page-description (keywords if there are in as well).

From here, it is even possible to judge if the given code is making sense or if it even can be made better. This increases the chance of making the clients site even better, limping him of - let’s say - position three.

So it’s not the things you can see, it’s the things under the hood. Such as you would purchase a used car. You’d look under the hood as well, don’t you?

So plan the project, take the inventory, decide with the client if a re-design should be made or not. You can do a great job here.

####*Cause Freeway won’t stop you at all.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Tony, assuming that you’ll be bringing over unchanged your present text content, titles, images, alt text, meta tags, etc., and assuming that you won’t do anything to lose the current inbound links to the website, your ranking shouldn’t see much change, if any.

If using Freeway produces webpages that load faster, that might even give you a slight bump in the rankings, since Google has indicated that page load speed factors in somewhat to their algorithm. How much, it’s anyone’s guess.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I agree with Thomas.

If/when you rebuild the site in FW pay attention to how you structure the page “under the hood”, as Thomas stated.

Just like a block of text on a page (book, website etc.) makes more sense to the reader when it has punctuation and formatting, search engines place value on well-structured semantic code.

Make no mistake, both are important.

Todd

First, RTFM. Then ask.

From here, it is even possible to judge if the given code is making sense or if it even can be made better. This increases the chance of making the clients site even better, limping him of - let’s say - position three.

So it’s not the things you can see, it’s the things under the hood. Such as you would purchase a used car. You’d look under the hood as well, don’t you?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

thank you all for your replies.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden