Shop Cart Recommendation, Please

Hi all,

I’ve a client who generates their own invoices monthly for service subscriptions and emails them to customers who then send checks. They would like to offer online payment of these invoices and their bank uses authorize.net to accept payment.

So what I need to build is a shopping cart that will let the customer enter their invoice number and billing details to submit to authorize for payment.

I’ve looked at several carts that work with authorize (like Mal’s) but everything seems built on the premise of physical products, like in a catalog.

I just need something that a customer can fill in to pay their customized subscription, not pick from numbers of pre-priced items to buy. Anyone know of a solution that fits that or a way to use Mals to fit that?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

This is something I imagine you’d need to build custom. But one word of warning--authorize.net is an awful pain in the ass to deal with, in my one painful experience. Compare and contrast with Stripe, which I used to build the payment side of inlay.io, who couldn’t be nicer or easier both technically and in terms of business.

Walter

On Aug 5, 2015, at 10:53 PM, The Big Erns email@hidden wrote:

Hi all,

I’ve a client who generates their own invoices monthly for service subscriptions and emails them to customers who then send checks. They would like to offer online payment of these invoices and their bank uses authorize.net to accept payment.

So what I need to build is a shopping cart that will let the customer enter their invoice number and billing details to submit to authorize for payment.

I’ve looked at several carts that work with authorize (like Mal’s) but everything seems built on the premise of physical products, like in a catalog.

I just need something that a customer can fill in to pay their customized subscription, not pick from numbers of pre-priced items to buy. Anyone know of a solution that fits that or a way to use Mals to fit that?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Walter-- that is a solid recommendation.

This is one of those no-win scenarios I think… the client’s bank is inflexible about the payment processor, my client is inflexible about how they invoice their customers. If I build a custom cart, then I will have to accept responsibility for the security and operation-- something I am inflexible about.

Time for Plan B.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Ernie,
Here’s how I would look at this (at least as a starting point).

Using Mals as an example (you can almost certainly do this in other carts as well) you can set the unit cost of your ‘product’ to $1 and then have the payer define how many of these dollars they want to send to the seller. Here’s a simple example;
http://www.freewayactions.com/test/mals-ernie/

The recipient of the invoice fills in their name, email and invoice ID as well as how much the invoice is for and this is added to the Mals cart and can be paid for using any payment gateway that Mals supports. The invoices will still need to be created and sent manually as well as checking that the payments tally up with the original invoice.

This example adds the Mals functionality to the standard form by way of some hidden fields as well as the names of the inputs in the form. Together they allow us to create a quite generic payment form that should accept any payment amount and pass this information along to the cart with the payment itself.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Tim.

On 6 Aug 2015, at 13:04, The Big Erns wrote:

This is one of those no-win scenarios I think… the client’s bank is inflexible about the payment processor, my client is inflexible about how they invoice their customers. If I build a custom cart, then I will have to accept responsibility for the security and operation-- something I am inflexible about.

Experienced Freeway designer for hire - http://www.freewayactions.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Walter… Im looking at Stripe for a client who had only 3-4 package of services to implement… and Stripe looks ok… I was going to use Ecwid, which I have used before but the look of it is old and I would have to customize it… Stripe looks a bit cleaner and seamless user experience… is it easy to work in FW?

thx

C

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve used Rails and Stripe together, and it works really well there. I have not tried to use it in Freeway, but since it does have a JavaScript option, where they inject their form into your page, I see no reason why you would not be able to use it there. When I have used it, it was for the recurring billing feature in Inlay. I don’t know if that’s the level of commerce you are going for in your site, but you should read the Getting Started part of the documentation and see if it looks like something you can tackle. I can’t think of a technical reason why it wouldn’t work.

Walter

On Jun 18, 2016, at 9:41 AM, Carla email@hidden wrote:

Hi Walter… Im looking at Stripe for a client who had only 3-4 package of services to implement… and Stripe looks ok… I was going to use Ecwid, which I have used before but the look of it is old and I would have to customize it… Stripe looks a bit cleaner and seamless user experience… is it easy to work in FW?

thx

C

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thx
Walter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden