Showcase update? 1.1.5 to 1.1.9

Just wanted to check if anyone can shed any light on this at all. I haven’t used Showcase for a bit as I got Exhibeo.
I was presented with this window when I opened it which said:
"A new version of showcase is available….
followed by in the release note:
“THIS IS AN IMPORTANT SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A REAL UPDATE AND CONTINUE TO READ.
A vulnerability has been discovered in the updater used by this version of Showcase. Please disable the updater by following these steps:”

I cheked and there is no update that I can see on the Showcase page. Is this just a warning?
Anyone any insights at all?

Cheers

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

There was an email from SP Towers re this some time ago:

Like most other Mac developers, we use a tool called Sparkle for handling automatic update checking. We’ve just learned of a security issue in Sparkle that could potentially affect many applications, including our own.

Just to be clear, the chances of this problem affecting you are extremely low. Even so, I recommend taking the following actions to avoid any problems.

If you have Freeway 7 or Exhibeo installed, please update to the latest versions. You can do this using Check for Updates in the application or download them from the Softpress site. The latest version of Freeway will completely “fix” any other version of Freeway that you have installed. Please continue reading for information about Showcase and other third-party applications.

If you have Freeway 5 through 6 or Showcase installed, you’ll need to turn off automatic update checking in each of them. There won’t be any more updates to them now so you won’t be missing out on anything. You can turn it off by unchecking the option in the preferences of each application.

It would also be prudent to do this for other third-party applications too until you have confirmed with the developers whether it’s necessary or not.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

hello Dave,

Thanks for the clarification. I hadn’t received any email.

Hope things are good with you.

A

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden