SOFTPRESS/FREEWAY IS BACK.. like a Phoenix rising from the ashes

Exactly therefore I mentioned, that the current FreewayPro should be kept up as is. Doing the bug-fix and keep it installable on upcoming OS’es. So nobody will be forced to do new things as long as he doesn’t want. (I’d even skip the Express). It is unsupported - but keeps up all the values as are. It’s then probably self-paying (and a lil bit on top).

But the new one should consider more (all).

By the way. While reading your “uniform web-sites” part, one of our company’s site came into my mind. I can’t recall when I created it but assume somewhere back in 2010 or 11 using FW 5.6.5. Whatsoever, it’s been created way before I ever heard of “responsive design”. It’s static cause I haven’t had the time to re-design it yet. Just wanted to show you (link below), cause it has all you mentioned above (Hero-Slider, Grid, …).

So to me, the current “design-approach” isn’t necessarily new. The grid helped me massively to understand “inflow” and was finally the key to make it dynamic.

It’s up to us improving the web sustainably and hasn’t much to do with applications or frameworks we’re used to use these days (at least for me). Unfortunately I’m not good enough doing so.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: